Touchscreen goes wonky when plugged into computer via USB?

Oohyeah

Reaction score
Whenever I plug in the USB cable to connect to my computer, the touchscreen behaves very erratically, making it very difficult to swipe properly, like flipping homescreens. To prove this, I ran a picture drawing app, and it shows my touch going everywhere and not responding as it should be.

This only happens when plugged into a computer, and the USB is set to one of the options (like SD card management) and not to 'none'. Also does not happen when just plugged in for power charging.

Anyone experience this also? I'm on 2.0.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you using the USB cord that came with your Droid? If so... I would say your USB is not giving out enough mA. Try another USB port and see if it does the same. If that doesn't help, it might be the power supply on your PC... see if you can try another computer.

OP
Oohyeah

Oohyeah

Reaction score
Thanks, Martin! I was using a non-Motorola cable, but I think I had it with the Motorola cable before too. Funny thing is, now I cannot get the problem back! I think you are in the right direction though with your analysis.

Kevin, thanks for the link! I tried searching but guess I was searching the wrong key words. That was helpful! I will carry on in that thread!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, Martin! I was using a non-Motorola cable, but I think I had it with the Motorola cable before too. Funny thing is, now I cannot get the problem back! I think you are in the right direction though with your analysis.

Kevin, thanks for the link! I tried searching but guess I was searching the wrong key words. That was helpful! I will carry on in that thread!
You're welcome. Glad to help.
Follow the link posted here for further discussion. Mods, if you come across this thread, please CLOSE. Thanks.