touchscreen freezes Droid 2 global

lilone332

Reaction score
I have a brand new Droid 2 global. The touchscreen will freeze and stop responding to me touching it (but the screen is still illuminated), I have to push the power/lock button to get it to recognize that I'm still using it. Also it power cycles every day about 5:00... If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! I'm new to the Droid world so this is a new beast to me.
Thanx in advance :)
Liz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a factory data reset or battery pull. Maybe starting it up without an SDcard in it and then pull the battery once again and insert the sdcard and start it back up? Maybe just try some little stuff before a factory reset

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you still stock? Asking because if your like me i flashed a rom the day after i got my d2g. If so, thats probably something to do with blur (motorola's pre-loaded ui that you cant remove unless you flash a new rom). Another thing, are you using a task manager or anti-virus program on your phone? If so then uninstall them, they really only cause problems.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
L

lilone332

Reaction score
its completely stock... ive added a few apps but took the task manager off a few weeks ago. all the apps i have now ive either removed and still had the problem so i added them back because they werent the problem or have recently added them. this has been a problem since i got the phone but verizon wont honor the warranty because my dad used one of his upgrades on his accounts to get me the phone. they said that the warranty doesnt transfer... ugh

What were you talking about... roms? what are they and what do they do? Im a newbie and you are speaking greek to me LOL

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What were you talking about... roms? what are they and what do they do? Im a newbie and you are speaking greek to me LOL

Lol it was like that for me too until i read up on them.

Roms are basically custom ui's with other features thrown in. The features range from toolboxes that contain themes/tweaks for the rom to just getting rid of the bloatware that motorola puts on their phones.

I read a really great post concerning them when i first rooted but i cant find it now =/

OP
L

lilone332

Reaction score
Ok one more question... AT the bottom of your posts it says sent from a Fissioned D2G.. What does fissioned mean? Sorry for all the questions

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok one more question... AT the bottom of your posts it says sent from a Fissioned D2G.. What does fissioned mean? Sorry for all the questions

That im running fission 2.4.3 instead of stock.

Its fine, you ask questions to learn and the more you learn the more you can help other people. I learned by asking questions too and look where i am now, im always answering questions.

glindagoodwitch

Reaction score
That is good to know about the antivirus on the phone. I think I will uninstall mine. Is it really safe to uninstall the antivirus? I know that I was told by Best Buy (regarding free antivirus on my computer) that the free antivirus programs usually cause a virus?

glindagoodwitch

Reaction score
You need to talk to more than one person about that, or have your Dad call. It should still be under warranty by the phone company. I had a problem with Verizon in the beginning, but if you call tech enough and talk to supervisors and also do the little survey at the end of each call. You should get your problem fixed. It's a new phone and has a factory warranty. End of story, tell them that. Is Verizon your carrier?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That is good to know about the antivirus on the phone. I think I will uninstall mine. Is it really safe to uninstall the antivirus? I know that I was told by Best Buy (regarding free antivirus on my computer) that the free antivirus programs usually cause a virus?

Its not so much that they are viruses (that only really happens on a windows pc). Yes, its safe to. There are almost no viruses for linux systems because they would be wasted. I saw a figure somewhere, said less than 25% of people that use computers use anything other than windows. So why target the less than 25% when you can target a much bigger population? Also, the people that do use linux or apple (not always but the majority) know what to do to avoid getting a virus and how to deal with it when they do.

rob_hamilton

Reaction score
Same Problem Here

I was wondering if the lock up was caused by static electricity; usually happens when I put the phone in my pocket or pick it up...?