Droid 2 global acting up- overheating/freezing & gps

gthotie5

Reaction score
My phone was Burning Hot. Its never been that hot before, it actually burned.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Navyvet2010

Reaction score
I get like that too. My previous Droid 2's have reached almost 140 degrees. That's almost hot enough to cook food. I've never had a phone that got that hot before. Every time I talk to Verizon about it they act like I'm crazy and send me a used phone that they claim is brand new. If I keep having problems like this, its not going to be fun for Verizon.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Anyone know what's causing this?

Navyvet2010

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with a defect in the gps. Right now my phone is running perfectly. But yesterday when I was using my gps, my phone began to overheat. After I turned off the gps, the phone went back to normal. So my guess is the gps is flawed.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Figured out the problem.
It was a bad app.

gthotie5

Reaction score
App: Funny facts free 8000+
Dev: srsdev

Navyvet2010

Reaction score
I was on the phone yesterday with Tech Support again telling them that my Droid 2 was overheating again and my GPS wasn't working. The guy got the GPS to start working again but now with the overheating, Verizon wants me to keep a log over the next few days to see when it overheats and what apps I'm using while the overheating occurs and also to check my phone's signal strength during overheating. So this should be fun. I feel like I'm becoming Verizon's personal test dummy.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I've never had problems like these. the only and oonnllyy reason I have a new d2g is because I broke the screen and assurion sent me a refurb with a busted power button, called back and they sent me a brand new d2g next day. all 3 of mine have and had no issues whatsoever that werent user caused.

if you were to say play a cpu/gfx intense game or watch a hi def movie on the phone it will heat up to 143+ degrees. but gps has never been a problem

OP
S

sa1

Reaction score
All I can say is that you're lucky. It's a huge pain. Well so far the 2nd replacement is working fine still, but my apps never showed up in the market under My Apps. They do show up in application management under Downloaded though... this sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to put aside a half hour to reinstall each app from the market one by one. Ugh.