Touchscreen bugs...

dannydoes

Reaction score
So the touchscreen which generally is pretty good, I'm finding to be more and more flakey. Either not recognizing I touched it, or recognizing it, but giving some kind of vibration error as the phone doesn't obey the command by touch, but instead vibrates as if to say, duh, what?

An easy example is the facebook widget (big one with the status updates). I'll keep hitting the arrow to scroll through the updates and about every 5th time, it vibrates instead of goes.

I find this all over the place and it's very annoying. I see it on video reviews of the phone too. This happens with the 4 buttons at the bottome as well. I really hope they fix this with the upcoming update.

Also seems weird that it happens in some places and not in others. For example when I use the landscape screen keyboard, it never misses. It's perfect.

Anyone got any ideas or comments?

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
I've. Noticed a ton when I scroll down it thinks that I am selecting a program or clicking a link. Very annoying.

otaku

Reaction score
I've. Noticed a ton when I scroll down it thinks that I am selecting a program or clicking a link. Very annoying.

I've noticed when I select a program or clicking a link it thinks I'm scrolling down and takes me down FAST! I wonder if it's just the way I tap?

RacerX

Reaction score
I know you can set the sensativity of the touchscreen for your individual style of touching the screen. Maybe that would help?

Not sure how you get to that setting but I bought the film screen cover and the instructions suggested I adjust if neccessary. No problem so I left it.

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
I've noticed when I select a program or clicking a link it thinks I'm scrolling down and takes me down FAST! I wonder if it's just the way I tap?
I've had this happen a lot, and I am almost certain it is because of the way I'm clicking. If I just quickly tap on a link on the screen, it thinks I am quickly flicking rather than tapping. If I slow down a bit and press for a second instead of just tapping, it doesn't happen. So basically, yeah, it's probably just the way you tap.

As far as the vibrating goes, I don't know about the facebook widget because I don't use it. But the phone does vibrate when you try to do something that can't be done. For example, if you click on the Menu button while inside of an app that doesn't have a menu, the phone will vibrate. Or if you click the Back button on the Home screen. It's basically saying, "Hey, you can't do that here so press something else." I don't think it's a bug. I think it's supposed to be a feature.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I know you can set the sensativity of the touchscreen for your individual style of touching the screen. Maybe that would help?

Not sure how you get to that setting but I bought the film screen cover and the instructions suggested I adjust if neccessary. No problem so I left it.

Many have tried to find this elusive setting but have failed.

Actually I don't think it's in the current carnation of the OS.

JLB09

Reaction score
I know you can set the sensitivity of the touchscreen for your individual style of touching the screen. Maybe that would help?

Not sure how you get to that setting but I bought the film screen cover and the instructions suggested I adjust if necessary. No problem so I left it.

I saw that on the film screen cover instructions that it said to adjust the settings for your individual style but it did not say where that setting was located and so far I have searched all the logical places and not found this option.