Touch screen sensitivity

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Hi all. Is there any way to reduce the sensitivity of my screen? I swear when my finger is hot it will activate an app while just hovering over the screen. I'm not a screen thumper, but tend to touch very lightly, nonetheless sometimes I wish I did have to thump then I'd know that the screen wasn't so sensitive.

Please don't say I have to be rooted and all of that carrying on.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
Screen guard...helped me....you definitely don't need to root for it......but really....why would you NOT wana make your phone soo much better...faster...longer lasting...sorry, just my 2 cents

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Actually no one has given me a compelling reason to root my phone. I don't think I give it the heavy duty use like some of you guys do and whatever the ROM is ( Froyo?) it's fine by me. And I think that if I'd been a PC overclocker from way back I'd prob find it easy to do to my D2G, too, but girl-like I never really got into that kind of stuff.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Overclocking is a simple task while rooted...wireless tether....custom boot logo and animation...freezing unessential bloatware....all simple tasks that r very beneficial...I like having my battery last all day...even tho I have 2 spares...just in case

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Overclocking is a simple task while rooted...wireless tether....custom boot logo and animation...freezing unessential bloatware....all simple tasks that r very beneficial...I like having my battery last all day...even tho I have 2 spares...just in case

Has "bloatware" gained a new meaning since PC makers started putting trialware on new PCs? What constitutes bloatware on a cellphone?

Reaction score

Has "bloatware" gained a new meaning since PC makers started putting trialware on new PCs? What constitutes bloatware on a cellphone?

No, it's pretty much the same. Think apps like blockbuster, amazon, ebay, etc etc, that come preinstalled and often auto run, and in many cases are un-removable unless you're rooted.

eqforus5

Reaction score
I rooted mine mainly just to customize it and make it unique. Haven't gotten around to getting rid of all the bloatware yet. Gonna get droid overclock on it first and see what that does.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember though not to uninstall bloatware, just freeze it otherwise no chance for ota updates!

Sent from my rooted DROID2