touch screen not nail-friendly - or is it? help?

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score
woooow... you guys rock on this forum! I got pictures and everything to explain capacitive screens and the superiority that is our droid phone. *biggrin*

I suppose I will get the hang of it eventually. Thank you all. :)

cjscarlet

Reaction score
iPhone stylus

I found info on a stylus for the iPhone and am wondering if that might solve the long fingernail problem. Anyone?

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score
nah... it won't acknowledge the depression of the stylus. I still have my old Treo and tried that... no go... :(

I'm just holdin' on to the hope that practice makes perfect.

...then again if they make a stylus for the droid, it'll be specific to the needs of the droid and maybe--

again, here's hoping they'll address these issues and start supplying some fixups.

ericwiz

Reaction score
nah... it won't acknowledge the depression of the stylus. I still have my old Treo and tried that... no go... :(

I'm just holdin' on to the hope that practice makes perfect.

...then again if they make a stylus for the droid, it'll be specific to the needs of the droid and maybe--

again, here's hoping they'll address these issues and start supplying some fixups.

I dont have long fingernails but I do have meaty fingers (breakfast sausage? :) ) Anyway, I find that at first I was always off with the keyboard but, in fact, practice does make better, if not perfect. So, hang in there I think you'll adjust and then you'll be all set!

brianr0131

Reaction score
There is a special type of stylus like cjscarlet mentioned that will work on capacitive touch screens. I guess the only issue then is...... where do you keep the stylus?

ericwiz

Reaction score
There is a special type of stylus like cjscarlet mentioned that will work on capacitive touch screens. I guess the only issue then is...... where do you keep the stylus?

Never never never leave yourself open with a question like that! LOL I can think of several *good* answers to that! :icon_ banana:

cjscarlet

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks to all those who responded to my plea for info about stylus options. I'm still looking and will let you know if i find anything that works with the droid.

tripp racioppi

Reaction score
i, too, have problems with wider finger tips than a key, and i have tried my centra stylus. one thing that can help when you are on a browser window is to double tap the screen. that will zoom in on the screen so you can have a bigger target...wish it worked with the virtual keyboard....r3

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have long nails too and I got the Waterfield suede pouch with a pocket; bought the stylus GTMax Touch Screen Stylus Pen ( Black + Red + Sivler ) For Verizon Motorola Droid A855. Clip the stylus to the pouch and it's perfect. I also keep a small microfiber screen wipe in the pouch. adds no bulk - sits flat in my purse.

conniiakacj

Reaction score
LG Ally

Has anyone played with the LG Ally and if so is it nail friendly? I am thinkin bout gettin the phone next week and i kinda need to kno before i buy it