Touch Buttons Issue

kershaw72787

Reaction score
I have noticed that the touch back and search buttons on my phone do not always respond. They respond the most when I have the phone slid open; when it is closed in the portrait orientation they are hit and miss. In certain apps like the music player they almost always work, but other times I have to press several times to get them to respond. I got a screen cover for my phone and now they work even less. My screen touch is perfectly responsive just the capacitive back and search buttons are having issues. LG recommended seeing if verizon has an update for the phone at the store. Anyone else have this or a similar problem? I tried removing battery and restarting already. Thanks for any help.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should exchange for a new phone this might be a hardware not software issue.

OP
K

kershaw72787

Reaction score
That's kinda what I was thinking. Going to go to verizon soon to see what they say. Please keep posting anyone who has a comment and thank you for your quick response.

AllySteve

Reaction score
I've had my Ally a bit over a week now, and I'm having the same issue. I don't know if it is a software or hardware bug, but the touch "back" button on the front only works about 20-30% of the time. The one on the keyboard works everytime.

-Steve

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
The front ones are pressure touch responsive...

If the phone is not in ur hand they don't work...

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)