Toshiba Tablet Website Slowly Reveals More Details on the Honeycomb-based Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toshiba-tablet.jpg

The Toshiba Android Tablet's official website, thetoshibatablet.com, is showing off a few more details since last visited. Here are more more tidbits about the tablet: It is expected in the Spring, will come with Honeycomb, and will allow custom apps. It also sports a NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and a spill-resistant rubber back. Other reports indicate that it may be called "The Folio", but this is unconfirmed by their website.

It's pretty snazzy looking. If it's a lot cheaper it will probably be a great alternative to the Xoom, and force Motorola to drop their price on the Xoom.

What do you guys think... is it an iPad crown contender?

Source: AndroidTablets via thetoshibatablet.com

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
This is my choice over the Xoom and the Ipad. I don't have 800 Bucks to blow then a 20 dollar 1 month plan to get WiFi that's extremely pointless to me. Ive never been a big apple fan anyways an Ipad never crossed my mind. This has all the features i want plus a full size USB port. And a replaceable battery and back. Yes please.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think the iPad is in serious trouble with all the tablets coming out. The difference is only a blur now based mostly on software. And even then, both OSs do pretty much the same now. People who are interested in a tablet but don't care about brand will be seeing tons more Android tablets in the near future, and only one Apple tablet. People like choices and Apple just doesn't have any.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
This is looking pretty good, as long as it isn't $800!!! Toshiba doesn't have the brand name to make that price, but they have to stay in the iPad price range. I will definitely be keeping up with this tab...

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Looks and sounds nice. If it's got an open bootloader, a good hacking community, and the price is right, I'm very interested. In fact, I'll say that with any reasonably attractive tablet (the Xoom fails at having 2/3 of those).

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Looks and sounds nice. If it's got an open bootloader, a good hacking community, and the price is right, I'm very interested. In fact, I'll say that with any reasonably attractive tablet (the Xoom fails at having 2/3 of those).

Agreed. I jumped on the DroidX when it came out and it was my first Droid phone. I am glad it has a strong hacking community, even if it does have a locked bootloader. But now tht I know what to look for and avoid, I will give future purchases time to see if stuff like you listed off fits into place.

Techmike

Reaction score
One thing worried me about this Toshiba tablet. It has buttons! Considering Honeycomb is making a big deal of not needing them I'm wondering if this tablet was designed for Froyo(or earlier) and changed over to use Honeycomb( maybe in a hurry? ) Still it will be very worthwhile to see what this can do compared to the high priced Xoom. I'm hoping for more info soon.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what i want. Xoom wont get my money now. just release it already...

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
This is top on my list of tabs right now too, even at $800 I'd take this over moto... I have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop and love the quality so looking forward to more info and reviews.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
This has got my vote. Good looks, interchangable back cover, 2 megapixel front facing camera, attach every possible device to it, wifi. Like good old Bob Barker used to say, I will have it if the price is right! For me the cap is $550. I can get a really nice laptop for that price with a full keyboard. Can't wait to see it in person!