Torrent app

penut_gallery

Reaction score
can anybody please recommend a good torrent app and then i guess i would need to unzip the torrents...so whats a good file explorer that unzips? thank u:)

techgov8

Reaction score
I used to use uTorrent and to unzip I use root explorer
I use root explorer for everything its a great app

monkey_man

Reaction score
Please take this as a friendly caution as I do hope you have Unlimited data plan and plan to keep it this way. For based on your Verizon contract, they can terminate your contract one way and without warning if users used torrent or any other file sharing program. In a side note, Astro file manager can do unzipping without the need of rooting like Root Explorer.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Please take this as a friendly caution as I do hope you have Unlimited data plan and plan to keep it this way. For based on your Verizon contract, they can terminate your contract one way and without warning if users used torrent or any other file sharing program. In a side note, Astro file manager can do unzipping without the need of rooting like Root Explorer.

oh wow! I did not know that. Thank you for the warning. And i do not have unlimited :(

monkey_man

Reaction score
There are many articles on this issue of users contract been terminated by Verizon one way for file sharing. Some said that they knew by IP address caught by copyright holder and some say by the size of your downloads. In my advice when you still like to use such app :happy3:, it would be good to set a monthly limit in the program to prevent any suspicion. dancedroid

monkey_man

Reaction score
tbh nothing can be said safe with file sharing ;)... Simpler not really as you do need to transfers those files to sd card after. Things would be much simpler if everything be done in the phone as it gives you more mobility for torrents related with the phone. How about downloading more with WIFI instead :p? Especially those large single file that requires hundreds MB alone. My original thought with using torrent via phone was to taking advantage of 4G speed anyway where files can be downloaded in minutes instead of hours. All things just need some consideration and always be cautious :icon_ lala:

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
tbh nothing can be said safe with file sharing ;)... Simpler not really as you do need to transfers those files to sd card after. Things would be much simpler if everything be done in the phone as it gives you more mobility for torrents related with the phone. How about downloading more with WIFI instead :p? Especially those large single file that requires hundreds MB alone. My original thought with using torrent via phone was to taking advantage of 4G speed anyway where files can be downloaded in minutes instead of hours. All things just need some consideration and always be cautious :icon_ lala:

well the files i would be downloading would b small, maybe 100MB if that and i would b using WiFi...so i should be ok with vzw
but i want to get a good torrent client the first time...i hate choices :( soo many choices...
the one i would like to use (cause im familiar with it via PC) has bad customer reviews :(
maybe i will have to find one by process of elimination