Torn Between 2 Phones

MsterKush

Reaction score
I bought my D1 right when the Incredible came out. Doh! I thought. I love my D1 rooted and in 2 years, I'll be using a 5ghz super smart phone:) or whatever awesomely superior device. That is, unless VZ starts handing out excess droids again

mrdroid

Reaction score
I bought my D1 right when the Incredible came out. Doh! I thought. I love my D1 rooted and in 2 years, I'll be using a 5ghz super smart phone:) or whatever awesomely superior device. That is, unless VZ starts handing out excess droids again

I thought the same thing. I thought I'd have no problem holding onto the D1 for 2 years. After using it for a while though that 3.7" just got too small. It is really hard to type on and constantly clicking the wrong links. Plus being hard to read. The 4" jump is just perfect to get rid of those issues (for me at least) and a 4.3" would obviously as well as long as you don't mind the size of the device.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If one doesnt get a phone by Oct, u might as well just wait to see whats coming out by the end of the year.

The X or the Fascinate.....I cant help u choose....lol The Fascinate has some decent pros over the X. I can live with the cons of the X tho. I dont know if I can with the Fascinate.

Last edited:
OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input everyone. I've played with both phones and as much as I liked the X, it just did not feel comfortable in my hand and that's a big consideration for me. I loved everything about the fascinate but really would prefer a Google phone over bing. I don't think bing is bad. I just think Google is better.
I've also heard issues about the GPS on the fascinate that trouble me. I've heard the GPS takes a long time to lock on to satellites and is not as accurate as the Moto phones. This could be a deal breaker for me since I use GPS a lot.

I may just let my $50 coupon expire and see what the future brings. I've heard that LTE is just around the corner but I wonder how far away that corner is.

mac16

Reaction score
I dont get the comments about the DX being too big while the fascinate is just right. They have almost the exact same dimensions.

[video=youtube;doW3s8O1YT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doW3s8O1YT0]YouTube - Accessory Geeks: Samsung Fascinate vs Motorola Droid X[/video]

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont get the comments about the DX being too big while the fascinate is just right. They have almost the exact same dimensions.
It's screen size

Samsung 4.0" screen Droid X 4.3" screen

Big Difference

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score

YouTube - Accessory Geeks: Samsung Fascinate vs Motorola Droid X

Mac, although the physical size of both phones is very close I thought the Fascinate felt better in my hand and all parts of the display were easier to reach with my thumb than the X.
It may be the hump at the top of the X or maybe it's the more rounded corners on the Fascinate but for my hands, the Samsung just had a better/more comfortable feel.