Top 8 Things to Know About Droid/Droid Eris

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
eris-droid-droidforums.jpg

Top 8 Things to Know About the Droid/Droid Eris
Written by Thomas Scovens (My Coral Springs, FL VZW Cus Rep)

1) MARKET is you application center for all the amazing applications (apps) for your device. Apps are not created by Verizon or Google, third party apps can be fun, informative and productive. Apps are created by people and can have issues, each app in MARKET has a comments section which can/should be reviewed before downloading.

2) Apps can sometimes cause issues, Droid can normally notice this and give you the option to “Force Close” or “Wait”. Force Close may be your best option.

3) If an App or anything has your device functioning improperly, you can “Factory Data Reset”
On the Motorola Droid by: MENU>SETTINGS>PRIVACY>Factory Data Reset>RESET PHONE
Droid Eris is as follows: MENU>SETTINGS>Factory Data Reset>RESET PHONE

4) Advanced Task Killer is a great App available on MARKET. It allows you to shutdown all or select unknown/known running apps, if needed.

5) On Droid (Including Eris) devices when gmail is setup on the device will automatically backup contacts unless you change the option in settings.

6) By simple pressing and holding on a blank portion of you main or side home screens, you can add wigets, shortcuts, contact favorites to msg or call, wallpaper displays, ect.

7) Both Droid devices have multiple home screen windows. Droid has three (in total) and Droid Eris has seven (in total). Having different windows allows you to customize them to check for facebook updates, stocks, weather, web shortcuts and many other different features.

8) Any icon you delete from Droid device(s) can be replaced by simply going into MENU TAB and pressing and holding icon until it appears on the selected home screen window.

This has been copied with Thomas's permission, he encouraged it. He has been using the DROID for the past week or so, and thought this would be helpful, they were handing them out to all DROID customers this morning.

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jim why not close this thread also. We can add to it later if needed. Nice write up too :icon_ banana:

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Jim why not close this thread also. We can add to it later if needed. Nice write up too :icon_ banana:

All the credit for this goes to Thomas, I just typed it here.

SEGA

Reaction score
Coral Springs FTW!

Is he at the one on Wiles Road? or a different location, because I'll stop in tomorrow to see if I can upgrade to a Droid.

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Coral Springs FTW!

Is he at the one on Wiles Road? or a different location, because I'll stop in tomorrow to see if I can upgrade to a Droid.

At the University VZW Store

2224 N University Dr
Coral Springs, Fl

jltung

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. I had an error message every time I took a picture. "Please replace SD card before camera will function" I took advice #3 and now everything is working perfectly.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
#4 is not required IMHO...

jltung

Reaction score
power consumption

I like Ad Task Manager better than Taskiller or Adv Task Killer. I think it gives me better battery life. I think the best way to get better battery life is to dim the screen a little, turn off gps, bluetooth and wifi when not needed.

I read that the system is linux derivative and the "killers" actually use more battery because they shut down some programs that have auto start built in.

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Since this was written before the release of the Droid on Nov6th. Some of the info may be dated now 3 weeks later. We have come a long way in what we know about the Droid and the apps that just keep coming.

I am going to leave this post as is. It is just a little peice of history from where we all started with the Droid. But I will leave it open. For comment. As the comments have value in my opinion.

Isn't it nice to see how far we have come?

jazzlover

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

:icon_eek: Got my droid 3 days ago. Read .pdf manual--that helped. Have been reading in these forums for the last 4 hours +/-. Can't tell you all how helpful they are. Felt a little intimidated about so much to learn--feeling better & more confident already. It helps to be able to read & look at the phone together. Again, thanks.

gmgent

Reaction score
If I reset factory settings will it delete stored music I have?

amejsl9968

Reaction score
When i click the 'gallery' icon it says "Application is not installed on your phone."
What do i do to install the gallery?