"Too Many Windows" ?

quiksilverdad

Reaction score
Anyone getting these messages when browsing the web? I've been getting them since 2.2 (non rooted, complete system reset).

How can you see how many windows you do have open? How can you close them?

BTW: Is there a way to view history of your web pages?

DLRAINER

Reaction score
If you open the browser, hit the menu button. There is an icon for "windows" once you click that you can see all the windows you have open at that time. You can close them by simply pushing the X button next to the titled window.

retoocs

Reaction score
Have you been using a task killer? That's what happen to me . Stop using the task killer and you'll be fine.

richardsugg

Reaction score
I believe the limit is 8 windows. Just hit the menu button, then windows, and close a few.

retoocs

Reaction score
ATK even the update for 2.2 has some issues when killing the browser. Instead of killing it, any time the browser opens, it opens a new window. This also sucks away your battery from what I've found especially when running multiple flash webpages.

I've stopped killing tasks unless something is buggy. So far no problems.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I wish there was a setting for auto deleting the windows after you leave them. I am always having to go in and X out all the unused windows just so I can keep browsing.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
This must be new for 2.2. I got it yesterday trying to run on a site that does live TV. I found the windows menu to shut them down easily enough, but it had never done that before. I also stopped using taskiller about a week ago.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said, a browser like Dolphin HD makes it very easy to open and close tabs. Also, it lets you set stick the user agent on Desktop so you can see non-mobile sites.

A quick way to close a window in the stock browser is to press the back arrow on your phone.