To hot to charge notification

tripleG

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sansung s7
I know. There are a lot of posts on this topic. My issue isn't trying to fix why it's to hot to charge, so it's different than the rest.

I live in SC and work outside all day taking photos of everything I do. The phone will and does get hot. nothing can be done about this.

My issue is that when I then go to charge it the stupid notification telling me it's to hot to charge it goes off 20x's in a row killing the battery even more than if I left it alone. How can I disable android from announcing that it is to hot to charge. I know it's hot. I'm hot. I'm waiting for it to cool off so it will then start charging when it can. I do not need the phone to die because it chose to tell me 100 times that it was to hot to charge. More often than not I still have another 100 pictures to take before I can finish the day.

Thank God I have the s7 so I can wrap it in my chill towel without killing it. Turn the ac on? Yeah, if it worked. It will cost me more to fix the ac than I paid for the truck I put 170K miles on. Not an option. Just let me turn off that 1 notification.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
be careful with chill towels around the phone. It could cause condensation inside the phone if cooled down too fast.

Not totally sure you can turn off the heat notification without turning them all off. check your notification setting in accessibility.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Have you considered turning off the phone when it gets hot, then allowing it to cool down? I suspect that would solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Charging your phone adds lots more heat. When your phone is already very hot, charging it can destroy your phone. I would try JandN2639's idea to try to keep your phone cooled down. You could also put it in airplane mode or turn off data & wifi. Searching for wifi or maintaining data can cause more heat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
if you need the phone to take a lot of pictures, it may be time to get a digital camera. the phone may be convenient but the heat is not good for it it and will eventually kill it. but if you must use the phone, you can get a mobile phone cooler that is similar to a laptop cooling pad from amazon.

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
Phone heats up more frequently in the following cases.
- Taking lots of pictures
- Using navigation and LTE
- Heavy GPU usage like gaming, etc.

And if u wanna get that notification off then try - touch and gold the notification u will see app info or something. Go there and block notification. Idk if it is right but it will atleast hide that annoying notification from the notification pannel.

I'd suggest u to use digital cams instead of phone camera if u need to click so many pictures.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tripleG

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sansung s7
I'll try that. But I need the phone to take the pics. It';s the job. I need to take 1000+ photos per day of the work getting done using their app. Not to mention gps to get me there. All I need is that stupid notification to stop telling me it';s to hot when I hit dismiss. I know it's hot because I am dying.

JandN2639

Reaction score
I'll try that. But I need the phone to take the pics. It';s the job. I need to take 1000+ photos per day of the work getting done using their app. Not to mention gps to get me there. All I need is that stupid notification to stop telling me it';s to hot when I hit dismiss. I know it's hot because I am dying.

Then as someone previously suggested, you need a camera that works with their app. If there isn't one, the situation is simply not workable under the given conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk