Titanium Frozen Apps Keep Prompting to Update

xfriendsonfirex

Reaction score
New to the forum, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place...

I couldn't find an existing thread for my topic, so if it exists already, please direct me there. I have a handful of bloatware apps frozen with Titanium Backup on my rooted Droid 3, but these apps keep prompting me for an update through Google Play. I went into Titanium to detach the market link by "hold-pressing," but it indicates that the app is already detached. The only option is "Attach Market Link (Forced)."

Any suggestions? I get about 15 prompts every day, and it's quite frustrating. I've already tried unfreezing, clearing the app's data, refreezing, and still the market link remains attached. Thanks in advance!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The only way around it is to update. This all has to do with the Play Store, and how it handles apps now.

From the changelog for version 4.8.4.1

Added support for Google Play Store 3.5.15. Please note that Play Store is capricious with Market links because it relies more on Google's servers than before. If you want more control we encourage you to ask Google. Remember: it's their app. Let them know the legitimate goal you want to achieve (eg: simply detach an app that you purchased on a different app store) and ask them how the heck you're supposed to do it. Once they provide a solution, we'll strive to give you full control of it!