Titanium backup

Sputn1k

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend root her fascinate. I'm trying to get a good backup of everything before I start removing the bloat ware that verizon bogs it down with. I did a system backup but when I try to remove a file it states that there the file is not backed up. Titanium says says out is. . . what is going on. Are the files backed up?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
You should FREEZE bloatware not delete it. You will have a lot less problems...And it has pretty much the same effect....

OP
S

Sputn1k

Reaction score
What does freezing do to the app?

SGT DX

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but freezing basically stalls an app so that it's still installed on your phone but is no longer using any space or processes. The reason for this instead of full removal is because without some of the system apps you can't install ota updates. With freezing you can go back and defrost when its time for an update and then refreeze instead of trying to hunt down and reinstall system apps. Anyone else wanna comment on this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
It disables the app, but doesn't actually remove it. It's safer and easier then deleting.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but freezing basically stalls an app so that it's still installed on your phone but is no longer using any space or processes. The reason for this instead of full removal is because without some of the system apps you can't install ota updates. With freezing you can go back and defrost when its time for an update and then refreeze instead of trying to hunt down and reinstall system apps. Anyone else wanna comment on this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I think you nailed it.. :)

OP
S

Sputn1k

Reaction score
Thanks for that.