Tips and tricks widget

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I accidentally deleted my motorola tips and tricks widget. Can anybody help this newbie get it back. In the beginning it really helps to have that widget. Also how do I save the little pages that are important as they disappear once I read them and then I forget how to do whatever they said. Thanks to all of you who have helped so much. I've been learning a lot while just reading your posts. Thanks, Linda

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xush

Reaction score
I didn't keep my stock configuration long and only remember the Android Home Screen Tips widget. If that's the one you're looking for, long-press an empty area of your homescreen, select 'android widget' and then 'home screen tips' and it'll put it on your screen. If that's not the one you're looking for, sorry in advance.

There's a LOT of info in the Help Center; it's got guided tours, tips and tricks, user guides and FAQS. You can access it at anytime from the App Tray icon (should be in the middle of your Dock at the bottom of your screen.)
That sounds more like what you've described but I'm not aware of a widget version (might be one though)

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi xush..thanks for reminding me about the help app. I'm going right to it and will probably find what I want.I was able to figure out how to get that stock widget, but it has the same 7 things over and over over so I deleted that purposely. Thanks for answering me so quick and have a great day. We have have 16 inches of snow so I have plenty of time to play with my phone.

xush

Reaction score
Wow, hope you can stay warm! I'm home fighting the flu and catching up on some research. Finding this forum very useful.

Was that the widget, or do you think there's another? It seemed pretty limited, but was all I could remember. Have fun with the phone

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That was nt it but I took a picture of what I want from my husbands phone. He doesn't play with his so has more stock stuff. Don't know how to send a picture or I'd send it to you.

melondrops

Reaction score
Tips and Tricks news feed

Hi All,

I finally figured out how to add the tips and tricks newsfeed back onto the homescreen of my droid X. I had accidentally put it in the trash can. This newsfeed shows random tips and tricks that will help you personalize your droid x. Here are the steps...

1. Find an empty space on the your homescreen and long hold it.
3. Go to motorola widget
3. Choose News.
4. Touch the green + sign next to Feeds.
5. Choose device help.
6. Choose Feeds-get the most out of your new phone (it's the only one listed).
7. Choose Tips and Tricks
8. Touch subscribe at the bottom.
9. Touch done.

The square box with random tips will now appear on your homescreen.
I hope this helps because I noticed a lot of people were trying to get it back. If you have any further questions about the instructions, please don't hesitate to email me. I'm a newbie as well. Thanks.

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thank you melondrops, that was very comprehensive ands it helped me get my tricks and tips back.thanks for the good help..have a good night...redbert31

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App