Time To Upgrade. HashCode Announces His Retirement From OMAP Device Support.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

It has been quite the long and eventful run for Motorola OMAP devices. Who ever thought that the Droid 3 and Droid Bionic would hold up this long. The Bionic was revolutionary being the first Verizon device to launch with a dual core processor. It was set to last well into the future. Thanks to developers like Hashcode and Dhacker we have been able to run the latest and greatest versions of Android on these OMAP devices. Today Hashcode announced that he will be phasing out Rom support for the Droid 3, Bionic, RAZR, and Droid 4. Newer devices like the RAZR-HD will still be supported, and Hashcode will still be updating SafeStrap for some time to come on these devices. The roms that have already been released won't magically disappear and I would imagine that some other developer may step up to the challenge of updating the roms that already exist for these devices. The Moto OMAP devices reach the ripe old age of 2 years in November, seems like they are much older, so it only seems fitting that Hashcode would move on to newer and greater things. If you still have one of these great devices Hashcode suggested finding your favorite rom and running that until the wheels fall off!

Via HashCode+

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
My favorite ROM was the Blur based Eclipse ICS. Ever since I upgraded to JB, all of the ROMs I've run slow my Bionic to a crawl. It's a bummer really, because ICS Eclipse was snappy and responsive...but I thought I could squeeze more out of it. Guess I was wrong.

squeak

Reaction score
Didn't the Droid X2 launch with a dual core processor on VZW before the Bionic?

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
My favorite ROM was the Blur based Eclipse ICS. Ever since I upgraded to JB, all of the ROMs I've run slow my Bionic to a crawl. It's a bummer really, because ICS Eclipse was snappy and responsive...but I thought I could squeeze more out of it. Guess I was wrong.

My favorite ROM for my bionic was eclipse 2.xx. I achieved 52 hours of battery life of of the oem extended battery. ICS was really nice but everything after that did seem to run a little sluggish.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
The big deal with the Bionic was that it was the first dual core 4G LTE phone. On a smaller note it was also the big device that OG Droid users were going to upgrade to because their two year contracts were almost up and the Galaxy Nexus hadn't been announced on Verizon yet.

squeak

Reaction score
The big deal with the Bionic was that it was the first dual core 4G LTE phone. On a smaller note it was also the big device that OG Droid users were going to upgrade to because their two year contracts were almost up and the Galaxy Nexus hadn't been announced on Verizon yet.

This. It was the first phone of that era that seemed to have it all. Verizon had the single core Thunderbolt and the dual core DX2, but prior to the Bionic no dual core 4G phones.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right the article should have said first dual core 4g lte smartphone. Also who could forget that awesome lapdock!