Tilt Sensor not functioning properly

_Wok3n

Reaction score
hello. got the droid razr a couple months ago and have been perfectly happy with it. although, i can't seem to get the tilt to work properly in applications. it tilts fine in messaging, but whenever i try to use the tilt in apps such as temple run or any of the doodle jump-esque games, the character doesn't move. anyone else experiencing/experienced this or knows a fix?

sorry if this has been posted before, but i didn't search too long.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What happened to the ability to calibrate the internal compass? I didn't realize they took that out until I was going to suggest that for the OP. I know I was using the Google Maps the other day and a pop up showed up real quick saying I have not calibrated my compass.

I did some searching on that though, and they say to just move your phone in a figure 8 position with the map open? Course that won't help him at all will it? Or will doing that help out the accelerometer too?

OP
W

_Wok3n

Reaction score
What happened to the ability to calibrate the internal compass? I didn't realize they took that out until I was going to suggest that for the OP. I know I was using the Google Maps the other day and a pop up showed up real quick saying I have not calibrated my compass.

I did some searching on that though, and they say to just move your phone in a figure 8 position with the map open? Course that won't help him at all will it? Or will doing that help out the accelerometer too?

nope. just tried it out and that didn't fix anything.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah figured that was a long shot. I don't know man, I would say try booting into Safe Mode to see if another APP you have is conflicting. But then you won't have your games to test it on. Have you done a hard reset of the phone? With the phone turned on hold the power button and the volume down at the same time for about 10 seconds until the phone reboots.

OP
W

_Wok3n

Reaction score
yes, that worked! i tried the hard reset of the phone and everything seems to be working fine now. thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Awesome, glad it worked for you.