Tikl - touch to talk (ptt)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just tried it out, though tikl is only for android it works the best.

LT*

Reaction score
I used this for a while, and loved it. I recently uninstalled it due to it always being the highest user in partial wake state. Saw vastly improved battery life with it gone. If the situation arises that I need it again, I would use it on a limited basis.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey tell is a good app, but its more like a voice sms where u talk, then the person get a message and they push play to hear a recorded message. I plan on keeping it cuz when driving thats much safer if I need to tell someone something important. Tikl is instant, like as soon as u press the button and talk they hear u. so if u in a place of business and you buddy start popping off 4 letter bombs then u gotta hit the mute button.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
So, does HeyTell require the other person to have the app, or do they just receive a sound message through their text?

With Tikl, I'd like to see a hardware (camera) button added to do the PTTing. Also, it would be nice if the person I am trying to reach would know it by me messaging them. I have to text them ahead of time to tell them to run the app.

mace85

Reaction score
I love this app, my only complaint is that you have to reset all your favorites when you download an updated version.

FFHavoK

Reaction score
The thing I don't like is that this app runs all the time in the background, but I have to actually open the app once for someone to be able to reach me on TiKl...