Tiered Data Plans

carbon28

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon Readies Tiered Data Plans for this Summer, Family Versions in the Future - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Just saw that plans will be tiered 'soon' in the summer.

My basic question is if I'm currently waiting for the Bionic to come out, will I most likely be screwed over by the data plan? Because by then that 29.99 unlimited plan will be out the door and I'l be paying by the gig.

My upgrade is June 3rd, if thats the way it is I'm just gonna go with the TB or DX2

Thoughts?

Nobody knows really what the situation is, but if your upgrade is June 3 try giving Verizon a call now and see if they will give it to you early. My wife has been getting tons of emails from Verizon asking her if she wants to upgrade her D1 early and she's a couple of months away from upgrade. Last year I was a little more then a month early and I called and asked, they gave it to me.

Give them a try, and get the DX2.

OP
C

carbon28

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but Im honestly being a good citizen and waiting for my actual upgrade just to see if anything else gets better. For example the LG revolution, not my kind of pie, old years tech with this years flash. Pointless

But why do you say X2? Tb has been having some reboot issues forever, but just curious as to why you said that. Just dont know if I can hold out for the Bionic; A chimp could post a 'leaked' article of it releasing tomorrow and people would spread it and believe it. Hate the internet for its unreliably. And damn VZW for nothing on releases!

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tiered data is gonna make having a smartphone useless. With the Netflix app out, Youtube videos and more, its easy to eat data. I use my phone for everything and I am careful not to go too high over the 5 GB "implied cap." The people that use 20+ gigs are ruining it for us. Most I have used was 9 gigs with a ton of streaming video.

Now Verizon is gonna be sucky just like AT&T and TMobile, just with better coverage. The customer service already sucks and they already charge too much.

Sent from my DROIDX

vatothe0

Reaction score
There's a camp of people that complain that you have to get data with a smartphone and another camp that complains that the allowance is going to be too low.

I think they should fight each other.

Sent from my DROIDX

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a camp of people that complain that you have to get data with a smartphone and another camp that complains that the allowance is going to be too low.

Sent from my DROIDX
Let's make it a UFC type match.

Murker

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but Im honestly being a good citizen and waiting for my actual upgrade just to see if anything else gets better. For example the LG revolution, not my kind of pie, old years tech with this years flash. Pointless

But why do you say X2? Tb has been having some reboot issues forever, but just curious as to why you said that. Just dont know if I can hold out for the Bionic; A chimp could post a 'leaked' article of it releasing tomorrow and people would spread it and believe it. Hate the internet for its unreliably. And damn VZW for nothing on releases!

You sound like me, lol. I check for Bionic updates every morning lol. Honestly, I think I'm just going to go with a Thunderbolt before the tiered plans kick in.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX
Let's make it a UFC type match.

I am not the biggest dude around, but I can hold my own. I'll join in the fight. Haha

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
C

carbon28

Reaction score
Ah Im just trying to get locked in for 30 bones a month. Just dont know if I want to deal with the BS that is known for the TB. First smartphone though so I cant really be picky. Just kinda like the switching of 'profiles' on HTC's Sense 3.0, but F those reboots...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah Im just trying to get locked in for 30 bones a month. Just dont know if I want to deal with the BS that is known for the TB. First smartphone though so I cant really be picky. Just kinda like the switching of 'profiles' on HTC's Sense 3.0, but F those reboots...
I've had a rooted TB since it came out. I have had maybe 2 random reboots since I've had this phone. Just because some are getting reboots doesn't mean we're all having random reboot issues. I really like the TB and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever in getting it. I too wanted to lock in before tiered data started.