Thunderbread 2.6 Problems

ajk23az

Reaction score
First of all, I know the problems start with me because others have this working, I'm just wondering what I have done wrong.

I downloaded LTB 2.6, placed it on the root, wiped data/cache in CWM, then flashed LTB 2.6.

Afterwards, I downloaded the MR2 update in the same thread, placed it on the root, updated it using HBOOT.

Now for the problem....

I am ONLY getting 1x service in Tempe, AZ, where we have 4g.

I tried installing the MR2 update again, didn't fix anything.

I then restored my last working backup, where I was rooted, but didn't have a ROM installed, and am STILL only getting 1X service.

Anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: Did another restore and installed LTB 2.6 with Rom Manager. Works fine now.

Last edited:

thelopenator

Reaction score
First of all, I know the problems start with me because others have this working, I'm just wondering what I have done wrong.

I downloaded LTB 2.6, placed it on the root, wiped data/cache in CWM, then flashed LTB 2.6.

Afterwards, I downloaded the MR2 update in the same thread, placed it on the root, updated it using HBOOT.

Now for the problem....

I am ONLY getting 1x service in Tempe, AZ, where we have 4g.

I tried installing the MR2 update again, didn't fix anything.

I then restored my last working backup, where I was rooted, but didn't have a ROM installed, and am STILL only getting 1X service.

Anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: Did another restore and installed LTB 2.6 with Rom Manager. Works fine now.

its recommended to flash the radio before installing the rom

Dream

Reaction score
The lock screen is kind of goofy for me. When I unlock it flashes the regular home screen then goes to the lock screen.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score
The lock screen is kind of goofy for me. When I unlock it flashes the regular home screen then goes to the lock screen.

I'm getting a lot better battery life with this ROM but this lock screen is really frustrating. It is extremely laggy.

Reaction score
(If this is considered a hijack, then I apologize)

LTB 2.6 worked well for me, for a while.

Then, for some reason the SeePU icon on my statusbar kept showing the CPU working hard (moving between 40% and pegging the meter) for no apparent reason. I couldn't figure out what was causing the CPU to work so hard all the time. The phone with this OS worked fine for weeks, then it suddenly started doing this. I tried switching Kernels (Dream to KangBang) but no effect. I restored from a backup, and that worked for a while, but the problem returned after subsequent reboots.

I considered the possibility that the SeePU application was buggy, but I doubt that's the problem since the phone stayed warm (which suggests that the CPU really was working as hard as SeePU reported it was).

Any thoughts?

ETA- Tried CM7, and the same thing happens from time to time, so I guess it's either an AOSP problem, or something is wrong with my phone.

Last edited:

sir2545

Reaction score
I agree with you. I love this ROM, but the lockscreen is laggy. What I do is just wait a second before I try to unlock and it works fine. I certainly dont like it, but I'm not going to give up a great ROM, just because of this little quirk.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score
I agree with you. I love this ROM, but the lockscreen is laggy. What I do is just wait a second before I try to unlock and it works fine. I certainly dont like it, but I'm not going to give up a great ROM, just because of this little quirk.

Agreed. I'm just trying to point out some glitches that could possibly be fixed for the next update.

Found another - After taking a picture, the picture stays up for the 5 seconds or so like I have it set but it then the picture review is all miscombobulated. Like it is different colors, blurry and stuff. But when I look at the actual picture in the gallery, its perfectly clear. No big deal, just something I thought I would point out!

jakaba

Reaction score
The only problem I have is that I cannot make calls. It freezes before it makes the call and then eventually reboots. Only happens on aosp Roms. Any advice. Switching radios doesn't help.