Thunderbolt shuts down then needs battery pull

Intoxikate

Reaction score
For some reason, I've had this done a few times already where my Thunderbolt just decides to shutdown without my knowing and then won't boot back up without a battery pull. I DO have my phone rooted(MR2.5 & Bamf Sense 3.0) so apparently rooting my phone doesn't fix this problem. Anyone have this happen before and any fixes? Or just chalk this up to the whole "reboot" mess that comes with this phone?

jimmydene84

Reaction score
What's ur min clock set at? That's usually the culprit. It's to low. I set mine to 336 and no issues since

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
I

Intoxikate

Reaction score
lol So yea, I totally forgot I made this topic until today when my phone did the same exact thing again.

How do I check what my "min clock" is?

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Do u use setcpu or use the built in overclocking in the BAMF toolkit? Either way the BAMF toolkit will tell u what ur minimum is set at. I don't use BAMF but its in the toolkit under CPU settings maybe

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stopped OC'ing with BAMF 3.0 RC4.9 - I was having the same issue and thought it might be from overclocking. Well, about once every other day I still have the same problem, so it's not from overclocking either.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
This happened to me while I was on CyanogenMod 7 (all of the RCs) occasionally, with several of the radios, both "stock" CM7 kernel and others, overclocked and not. I switched to das BAMF 2.1 yesterday, and haven't had it happen yet, so I don't know if that fixed it for me or not. I was actually surprised to see some others having the issue, so I'm definitely going to keep tabs on this thread.

OP
I

Intoxikate

Reaction score
It was at 245 so I set it now at 368. Hopefully this does the trick.

Also, my max frequency is at 1.024, seems a bit low to me but when I tried increasing it to the max of 1.92, it froze on me. There are a lot of other settings in the middle I can put it too, but for now I'm back to the default of 1.024. Is this what it's suppose to be set at, or can I increase it a bit further?

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
It was at 245 so I set it now at 368. Hopefully this does the trick.

Also, my max frequency is at 1.024, seems a bit low to me but when I tried increasing it to the max of 1.92, it froze on me. There are a lot of other settings in the middle I can put it too, but for now I'm back to the default of 1.024. Is this what it's suppose to be set at, or can I increase it a bit further?

you increase it and use your phone.....if it freezes or reboots you know you've gone too high.