Thunderbolt root for newbies??

SoCalNation

Reaction score
Im not 1 that had a huge interest in rooting my phone. BUT after finding out that HTC released a over clock kernel I want that really bad... I know nothing about hacking or rooting plus I use a MAC so a lot of software is for windows. I need like a step by step rooting for dummies. A lot of online instructions are not in full detail and its like a foreign language lol .. someone please help so I can have a cool phone like yours...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cpjr

Reaction score
Dude, just look in the TB hacks forum, there is a HUGE thread about rooting the TB and it has a step by step that is quite easy. Windows only though.

jr313

Reaction score
Just read, read, read before you do anything and then READ very good as your going thru process and you will be alright...

OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score
OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score
Awesome.. hey maybe u will know, the new kernel over clocking that HTC just put out that everyone is talking about .. does the thunderbolt need to be rooted to do so??

eng42ine

Reaction score
Just got my Thunderbolt the other day, big change coming from my iPhone 4, found this thread really helpful as I'm on a Mac too, thanks guys!

52brandon

Reaction score
Awesome.. hey maybe u will know, the new kernel over clocking that HTC just put out that everyone is talking about .. does the thunderbolt need to be rooted to do so??

there's a lot of kernels being talked about right now, but you need to be rooted to use any of them. Be careful though, as there are a couple kernels that are ROM specific and won't work on everything. I also completely agree to read and study the ADB shell link, once you get ADB down, you can do just about anything and can fix all your mistakes quickly