Thunderbolt Recovery HELP!!!! (Rooted)

vh5150

Reaction score
I am rooted using the revolutionary method and was running Liquid Thunderbread 2.6 when I came up with the bright idea to remove Launcher Pro due to the fact that it would always fail on startup and I was tired of seeing the message to wait or force close. Well needless to say, once I removed it it just hung my phone up and it would not get past the boot screen.

Anyways, I figured no big deal I can just press volume down and power simultaneously to get to the S-off menu screen and run run recovery through the dos-like revolutionary menu screen. Well, when I get to the S-off screen it wants to run the update from the last radio I installed!!! I can’t get to the second option which is recovery!!! It will only let me run the radio update or power down. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I screwed???? I would be forever grateful to anyone who can figure this out. I simply want to get to the recovery option and restore one of my roms. I have backed up my ROMs in ROM manager religiously which is hopefully my saving grace.

Rlbee

Reaction score
You need to delete or rename the pgo5img file from your sd card.you'll probably need to take it out of your phone and put it in your computer since you can't get past the bootloader.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
vh5150

vh5150

Reaction score
Thanks RLBEE

Stupid question but if I delete the PG05IMG.zip file off the SD card will my radio still work??? Just making sure. I would like to delete it.

Thanks again

rneal_ra

Reaction score
Stupid question but if I delete the PG05IMG.zip file off the SD card will my radio still work??? Just making sure. I would like to delete it.

Thanks again

You should be fine to delete it, the file is not needed anymore after you install the radios. I would rename it though in case you need to reinstall the radios. Just rename it PG05IMGradio.zip. This way you will get to choose the recovery option on fastboot.
Good luck!

OP
vh5150

vh5150

Reaction score
Mission Accomplished

I deleted it and hboot doesn't want to keep trying to install. Thanks again guys!!! I thought I was going to have to do the walk of shame into Verizon this AM! Lifesavers, truly.

Rlbee

Reaction score
Once you install a new radio get it off the root of your sd card just to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums