Thunderbolt or HTC duel core phone?

uga81

Reaction score
I know that I already asked opinions on the bionic and the TB, but I hear now that HTC is going to be coming out with a duel core phone. Is this true and if so when? I don't want to use my upgrade and then have a duel core come out right after it. I know there are going to be new phones coming out, but I want to be relevant for a couple years. Am I going to be limited to OS upgrades if I only have a single core phone?

Thanks for all the help.

maxnicks

Reaction score
Wait for the dual core IMHO. There's a plethora of info online you can use to research both. Of course if you have to have a new phone, go for it. My OG Droid, running a custom rom and overclocked still has quadrant scores higher than a good percentage of the phones on the market today. I believe the Bionic is dual core isn't it?

OP
uga81

uga81

Reaction score
Wait for the dual core IMHO. There's a plethora of info online you can use to research both. Of course if you have to have a new phone, go for it. My OG Droid, running a custom rom and overclocked still has quadrant scores higher than a good percentage of the phones on the market today. I believe the Bionic is dual core isn't it?

I don't want to go Motorola, I don't like blur. I think I might go with the TB and then I have another upgrade coming in October from another line on my account I could use for the HTC duel core phone if it is "great".

Raptor007

Reaction score
I will catch dual core phones in the future, until the OS and 3rd party apps can take advantage and I mean real world full advantage then its a waste for me.

If you want dual core, wait for it. But honestly there were 85 Android phones launched in 2010, up from 29 in 2009. How many new Android phones will launch in 2011, my guess ove 100.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am going to wait for Dual Core - nothing has caught my attention since the purchase of my D1 except the mention and thought of Dual Core devices

ryan18

Reaction score
id go with the TB on a one year plan, then wait for the 2nd gen of dual core phones.
thats what im doing.

leonozug

Reaction score
I totally agree with Ryan. Get the Thunderbolt for a year, and wait for the dual-core HTC phones till next spring. That's what I'm doing. I feel the dual-core technology in cell phones is in it's infancy and has yet to be perfected. I'm sure by next year it will be, and I'll grab one then. Quadrant scores are the last thing I care about, the fact that people would buy a phone based on a speed testing app is ridiculous. I basically want a phone that works great and has lots of features, and the Thunderbolt was proven in the form of the Desire HD over in Europe, so I know it will be a great phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Dual Core is useless unless apps take advantage of it. It's like buying a snowmobile in the desert....

46hemi

Reaction score
I would get the duel core....this way if you ever encounter Zoro, and he is mad at you, you will have a chance at survival. :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I know that I already asked opinions on the bionic and the TB, but I hear now that HTC is going to be coming out with a duel core phone. Is this true and if so when? I don't want to use my upgrade and then have a duel core come out right after it. I know there are going to be new phones coming out, but I want to be relevant for a couple years. Am I going to be limited to OS upgrades if I only have a single core phone?

Thanks for all the help.

Yes, HTC will be coming out with a dual core phone. However, it will not be until the end of the year, maybe even later. If you can wait that long, and your current phone will work fine for you until that time, then by all means do so.

As far as being limited by OS upgrades, single core phones will still be relevant for a long time. Dual core phone technology is in its infancy. By summer and even going into fall, there will maybe be only 3 dual cores phones available in the US (Bionic, Atrix, Optimus 2x). It will take a long time before dual core technology can fully live up to its potential. This will require operating system software, an Android platform that supports it (maybe Gingerbread w/ some Honeycomb features, or maybe not until Ice Cream sandwich), third party apps, and games that are optimized to utilize it properly. This will not happen with the first round of dual core devices, at least not for many months. The best thing to do is get a phone now (or very soon, like when the TB comes out), and wait for the second generation of dual core phones before pulling the trigger on that technology.

Reaction score
id go with the TB on a one year plan, then wait for the 2nd gen of dual core phones.
thats what im doing.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I get a 1 year contract with this phone? Every Verizon and Best Buy person I've talked to said I have to do a 2 year contract with the Thunderbolt...

What's the price up front to do a 1 year contract?