Thunderbolt or Charge

cdguylhs

Reaction score
So Verizon told me this morning that if I upgrade after the 7th of July that I will have to go onto a Tier Data Plan if I want a 4G phone. So I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get a 4g phone. Thunderbolt vs Charge. What do you think and why? If you have one why do you like it? If you have a Thunderbolt how is your battery use? I am probably a light to moderate user.

TJF2011

Reaction score
I went from the thunderbolt to the charge and never looked back... Enough said.. The battery life is better.. Screen is better.. And i do not have famous problems that thunderbolt users complain of.. I hear they came out with a second update to fix everything.. But im still very satisfied with the charge.. Straight up reliable phone... I use my phone.. I use my phone all dat long and FOR ME.. Its a better phone hands down

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

TJF2011

Reaction score
Oh ya.. Only drawback is.. The charge is slicker than snot on a doorknob.. But a phone cover fixes that.. Tbolt is 2x heavier also.. Let me know what you end up with

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'd get the charge. It is better in many ways, but its very ugly and feels cheap. (imo)
However, its a better phone.

leland_7

Reaction score
I am in your exact boat my friend. I've been waiting for the Bionic but it seems that the tiered data will be implemented before it releases and I WANT unlimited 4G data.

Have you made your choice yet? What was your reasons?

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
Do you think you could get either the Charge or Tbolt as close to the 7th as possible then before your 30 day trial is up you could return it and hopefully get a Bionic then?

OP
C

cdguylhs

Reaction score
I am in your exact boat my friend. I've been waiting for the Bionic but it seems that the tiered data will be implemented before it releases and I WANT unlimited 4G data.

Have you made your choice yet? What was your reasons?

Right now I am leaning toward the Thunderbolt. I have called several Verizon stores and they have all told me that the Thunderbolt's battery life has gotten better with updates. It seems that a lot of people think the Thunderbolt is a better phone, the battery just isn't the greatest. I am either in my office, car, or home so I can have it plugged in no problem.

OP
C

cdguylhs

Reaction score
Do you think you could get either the Charge or Tbolt as close to the 7th as possible then before your 30 day trial is up you could return it and hopefully get a Bionic then?

30 day trial? I only know of the 14 day trial. I have a busy schedule the rest of the week and next week so I will probably just go today.

VolDroid

Reaction score
I've had my Thunderbolt for just over 2 weeks now and other than the battery life I love it. I haven't suffered from the reboot problem and the leaked MR2 fixed my GPS lock issues and the battery life seems to be a bit better. I'm usually near a plug of some sort, be it in the car or my office, so if it drains to low I just plug it in. The screen is awesome and if you are in a 4g area the speeds are kick a$$.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
So Verizon told me this morning that if I upgrade after the 7th of July that I will have to go onto a Tier Data Plan if I want a 4G phone. So I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get a 4g phone. Thunderbolt vs Charge. What do you think and why? If you have one why do you like it? If you have a Thunderbolt how is your battery use? I am probably a light to moderate user.

Go TB my man u will not look bak! Only drawbak everyone knows is thne batt issue, get an extended batt. Ive seen and played with the charge and it not convinced me I kindda like how its phisically structured but is light and feels weak. My experience with light phones not good (scratch easy, break easy, very little water resistant), Heavy is the opposite of all that. I bought the TB 1.5 weeks ago and flashed right away and yet to experience FCs. I tried many roms I stucked to Gingeritis. My phone is so fast and no issues at all! Just know u need an xtended batt and if you planed to get a case needs to be one that fits the xtra bulk. Is fascinating how Vzn promised 4g 2 b 10x faster but im getting 12x or faster, last time I recorded download speeds close to 18mps, upload 8mps!