Thunderbolt Camera Issue??

Badisch

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I just got my Thunderbolt about 3 weeks ago and out of the blue or red I guess I should say I am having issues with my Camera. Any pictures taken with the back 8mp camera have a horrible red tint to them. Sometimes so badly that you cannot even tell what the picture was. I have checked to make sure that no filters are on, tried adjusting the auto white balance, saturation and nothing seems to work. It happens on the preview as well. If I go outside, the red from the preview disappears, only to reappear once I take the picture. Imagine looking at everything through the red side of 3d glasses and that is what I am talking about.

I haven't downloaded any camera apps and it only happens with the rear camera. Any ideas? I did download Tango Video Chat come to think of it, but it was shortly after I got the phone and didn't notice this issue until recently. Phone has not been dropped or suffered any injuries.

kparks

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I just got my Thunderbolt about 3 weeks ago and out of the blue or red I guess I should say I am having issues with my Camera. Any pictures taken with the back 8mp camera have a horrible red tint to them. Sometimes so badly that you cannot even tell what the picture was. I have checked to make sure that no filters are on, tried adjusting the auto white balance, saturation and nothing seems to work. It happens on the preview as well. If I go outside, the red from the preview disappears, only to reappear once I take the picture. Imagine looking at everything through the red side of 3d glasses and that is what I am talking about.

I haven't downloaded any camera apps and it only happens with the rear camera. Any ideas? I did download Tango Video Chat come to think of it, but it was shortly after I got the phone and didn't notice this issue until recently. Phone has not been dropped or suffered any injuries.

I think I've seen what ur talking about but only in low light conditions before I take the pic it looks red and..... pixelaited... Yes I'm sure that spelled wrong lol.... But looks normal when the flash goes off if it's happening all the time could be a faulty lens

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Nyobie

Reaction score
Just in case it's a setting, what is your White Balance setting set to? If it's set for fluorescent, the software adjusts for the green light spectrum and adds red to make the image warm.

Edited - scratch the Q. Just saw that you already checked, sorry.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt