Thunderbold users... HOW IS IT!?

Moroney167

Reaction score
I like my DX but wanted to hear some hands on loves and hates about the phone. Suggestions or would I be nuts to leave my DX for one? Would like to hear some discussion on this. Unfortunately i'll have to wait for a used one to pop up somewhere.

Thanks,
Jim

drew

Reaction score
Love it, but it isn't perfect (for me). I read a fair review on Engadget yesterday that's pretty much spot on (again, for me). (HTC Thunderbolt review -- Engadget)

Love the speed, the design, the SPEED. It's super fluid, and the display is awesome.

Have some quirky issues with SMS, battery life isn't awesome, hate the preloaded bloatware that I want to remove after I root it.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you have to prepare yourself to bleed a little :) I bought the TB on the day it launched, just like I did the OG Droid 2 years ago.

So I really recommend the phone, I really think it is a step above what I had and especially since it looks like the developer community is starting to ramp up.

mat4ov

Reaction score
This is spot on. I also picked up mine on launch day, also upgrading from the OG Droid, and I love the speed but the bloatware drives me nuts. Also I think the best thing that you could do is go to a store to check it out and see if its for you.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

MadScientist

Reaction score
Love it, but it isn't perfect (for me). I read a fair review on Engadget yesterday that's pretty much spot on (again, for me). (HTC Thunderbolt review -- Engadget)

Love the speed, the design, the SPEED. It's super fluid, and the display is awesome.

Have some quirky issues with SMS, battery life isn't awesome, hate the preloaded bloatware that I want to remove after I root it.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you have to prepare yourself to bleed a little :) I bought the TB on the day it launched, just like I did the OG Droid 2 years ago.

So I really recommend the phone, I really think it is a step above what I had and especially since it looks like the developer community is starting to ramp up.

I would have to agree. I came from an X and its another step above that. It has had some quirks that got straightened out I think but I haven't had any issues whatsoever on mine or my wife's.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DeadMc

Reaction score
As a ex-iphone user, I have to say it's a

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

n0yxl

Reaction score
I am in love.

I thought that I would miss my rooted n hot-rodded OG Droid -not a chance!!

This phone rocks! :rockon:

DeadMc

Reaction score
Err, it's awesome. The speed was my primary driver for getting it, and couldnt quite wait for the bionic (and with the bootloader being locked... really wanted to try Cyanogenmod).

want a droid

Reaction score
Didn't read other's replies, so I might be reiterating, but here are my pros/cons.

Pros:
-4G speed is awesome (love living in 4G area)
-HTC is much much more preferred than my previous Motorola phone (Droid2)
-phone has a very good feel (size/shape)

Cons:
-Battery (1400mAh) is not enough for me. I really hope something comes out that is bigger than 1600mAh (seidio) but smaller than Verizon's (2750mAh)
-LED is much harder to see than my Droid2 (it is built into speaker)
-I find myself playing with the kickstand more than I've been actually using it

Hope this helps.

drewdown757

Reaction score
Im loving my thunderbolt, havent had any issues with it except with the battery life...and of course the bloatware. Also it doesnt show the correct internal memory available but thats already been addressed as a software issue. But i have to say im very happy with the phone!

Sherry

Reaction score
I live in the mountains of western NC, NO 4G here!!! But the difference in my OG Droid's speed and this is amazing!! I love this phone but the batter does drain pretty quickly. I may start traveling with a wall charger, my cars all have them. I have had NO problems that I wasn't able to get around. Waiting to root until they have the "Root for Thunderbolt Dummies" available. I rooted my Q9c and my OG Droid but it has been awhile and the cost was something I could deal with a little easier than the TB.

drew

Reaction score
Don't want to hijack the thread, but is that where the phone says it only has 2 GB left? I was just chalking that up to all the crapware. :)

nailerdog

Reaction score
I came to the TB from and X. Prior to that I was using an OG droid. When I got My X on the first day they were available I was instantly disappointed with the Mot Blur and bloat. Like my OG I rooted it as soon as I could and loaded a custom ROM (Rubix). I loved the snapper response and user experience that was pretty muck AOSP.

I was the first out of the store on Thursday with my TB. I work in an LTE area and live in a 3G area. My experience has been very good. The device has worked in flawlessly. The Sense overlay is not nearly as bothersome as Moto Blur. I actually am getting to like it quite a bit. The phone is smooth and fast with no lags or other quirks that I have discovered yet. Some are complaining about battery life but it’s not as issue for me as I have it in a cradle in the car with a charger attached.

I’m sure when things settle down a bit I’ll root the TB as well and remove the applications that I don’t want. My only complaints at the moment are that the News and Weather Genie widget won’t run on this phone for some reason and I would like better visibility of the LED in the speaker grill. The thought of moving back to my X hasn’t crossed my mind.

rjcapp

Reaction score
this is my first smartphone so I am new to the whole smartphone technology . I cannot believe what I was missing . this thing is freaking UNbelievable .

the only bad thing is battery life

I am excited to use the droid forum to help me through the new transition...

voice to text is my favorite

Malithorne

Reaction score
I played with the Thunderbolt in the store a little. The sensitivity seemed less responsive than my rooted D1. I also dreaded the step back to froyo. My only motivation to consider it is the availability of unlimited broadband still. Watching for the root instructions and I'll jump probably.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App