this new update today

wb1960

Reaction score
Yesterday no update, so I renamed all my bloatware from .bak to ,apk. I am rooted with stock rom( I had rubix but went back to stock a few months ago)I still have clockwork and bootsrapper on my phone.
The update came today but it has failed each(3) time I try it. What should I do to get the update?

maderschramm

Reaction score
restore a backup that you made for a completely stock (but rooted) version of your phone. Un-root and update.

If that doesn't work you'll have to sbf to get the update

steve78

Reaction score
I tried to unroot and I did not update. I removed a few things early on before aski.g like blockbuster and other things I did not use. Ia this the reason I can't update? What are my options and what is sbf? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
You need all the bloat to ota. You could flash a full 2.2 rom (think rom manager has this) or install it manually. You should unroot before updating ota. Easiest wayto get your phone stock and ready to ota is an sbf flash. There's a link in my signature with instructions

Big Fate

Reaction score
How would even consider rooting your phone and not making a complete backup of each file? Smh some of you people amaze me

maderschramm

Reaction score
...Big Fate...you do realize that you can't access /system or any of the other things that are worth backing up without Root (superuser) access...right? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

Big Fate

Reaction score
...Big Fate...you do realize that you can't access /system or any of the other things that are worth backing up without Root (superuser) access...right? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

Just re-read what I wrote and edited it... Wrong chose of word.

The point I'm getting at is why would you root your phone then start deleting apps that come stock w/out making a complete back up of all files? Thats like buying a car and not making a spare key... Only difference is AAA aint coming to save you lol