This is the weirdest phone anything I have ever heard of

Jenlyn2600

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G930a
Ok y'all. G-930a (AT&T). Unlocked & rooted. Failed ROM flash via flashfire a couple weeks ago. Odin flashed stock firmware and I'm back up and running.
Rerooted successfully using the same method as I had previously. No problems for about 2 weeks. Than, with no provocation, I lose all signal. Where there should be bars is a circle/slash 'no' sign.
Things I have done to fix it.
1. Factory reset. Not only did the not fix it, I started getting an error 'this app relies on Play Services. Play Services is not compatible with your device'. This led to my attempt to flash the same firmware via Odin. Only this time odin errors out saying device dismatched.
2. Download TMobile variant firmware. Successfully flash via Odin. Still no connection.
3. Reflash att firmware. Odin accepts it and the flash is successful. Still no connection.

I have tried sim cards from every carrier. None result in a connection, but none kick off an unknown sim message either.

So...help?

OP
J

Jenlyn2600

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G930a
might be best to go to the xda forums. they have more experts there when it comes to problems with rooting and roms.
Asked em. Got nothing. Not a whisper. And this kind of weird **** is usually right up their alley.
So, Im pretty much asking the whole internet at this point, forum by forum.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Complete shot in the dark....

Have you tried just flashing the radios out of the att stock file?

Have you looked into the root method to see if anyone else is experiencing the bug?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
if xda would not help, then it is best to go to the site where you got the rom and/or flashing info and see if they have help. a lot of time other users will have similar issues and post in the comment section

OP
J

Jenlyn2600

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G930a
Complete shot in the dark....

Have you tried just flashing the radios out of the att stock file?

Have you looked into the root method to see if anyone else is experiencing the bug?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's all SO WEIRD!
Odin won't flash any part of the AT&T stock firmware files when the phone has those exact same files on it, if that makes any sense?
For example, when I got the play services error, I had just done a factory reset on that firmware. Hooked up to Odin to reflash it, says device dismatch.
I downloaded the Mobile variant files and those flash fine. After its got the tmo files loaded, odin will flash att files.

I have not flashed only the att modem. I did flash only the cricket modem (my current carrier), and actually got bars, but was still on emergency calls only. But I guess there were some conflicts, because I got a security error.
I'm currently downloading the rest of the firmware package for cricket.

OP
J

Jenlyn2600

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G930a
if xda would not help, then it is best to go to the site where you got the rom and/or flashing info and see if they have help. a lot of time other users will have similar issues and post in the comment section
That would be xda. And no, as far as I could surmise, my situation is absolutely not replicated for anyone else.