This is going to sound completely crazy.

Betroot1A

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android G5
I've got an Android G5 running 7.0 software, it's a LGUS992 and the carrier is under US Celluar.

I know this is going to sound like someone who's hearing voices or hallucinating but I know, without a doubt, 100 % that someone in my neighborhood has access to my phone. I'm not very computer savvy but I know there are means through which you /might/ be able to do this kind of thing- malware or spyware, keylogging, some kind of device, etc.

Plus, my phone uses the same Gmail account that I access on my computer.

I just want to ask- does /anyone/ know of a way through which something like this could be done? This is literally terrifying, I've heard the bastards mention stuff down to individual songs I'm listening to or that I have listened to on Youtube and just certain things that I've typed out and it is so weird and so creepy.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
change your passwords (router, computer, phone) but I doubt anyone has access to your phone. nobody can gain access through your gmail account.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Someone could hack into your gmail account through a computer but you would most likely get an email saying your account was accessed from another location.

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've got an Android G5 running 7.0 software, it's a LGUS992 and the carrier is under US Celluar.

I know this is going to sound like someone who's hearing voices or hallucinating but I know, without a doubt, 100 % that someone in my neighborhood has access to my phone. I'm not very computer savvy but I know there are means through which you /might/ be able to do this kind of thing- malware or spyware, keylogging, some kind of device, etc.

Plus, my phone uses the same Gmail account that I access on my computer.

I just want to ask- does /anyone/ know of a way through which something like this could be done? This is literally terrifying, I've heard the bastards mention stuff down to individual songs I'm listening to or that I have listened to on Youtube and just certain things that I've typed out and it is so weird and so creepy.
Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like someone knows your G Mail / Google password. If they know your password then they are not "hacking" your account or your phone, they would be able to log into any device and view your music history, location history, etc. I would recommend changing your G Mail password as soon as possible and maybe even turn on 2 factor authentication at the same time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Betroot1A

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android G5
I've changed the password to my Gmail account, my Youtube, my phone's PIN and my Skype account multiple times, went through my phone and deleted any suspicious files, and even tried tracking down MAC addresses for everything in the house and blocking any I didn't recognize, it hasn't done anything-

and if there's already access to my phone or computer, wouldn't changing the passwords just be a useless gesture since they could see that?

I really can't overstate how 100 % sure I am that this is a thing that's going on and that it's /not/ just internet only content like it's just my email has been hacked.

I've heard people both in my neighborhood and in my community mention conversations not only from Facebook Messenger, Skype and songs I've listened to on Youtube- but conversations I've had in texts, articles I've read on my phone, photos I've sent, and things like that which is only offline, phone only content

No one knows anything that could do that? Is there a possibility I could get any traces of this checked with my cell phone provider? I'm literally afraid to just have conversations with family, friends I'm close to, to read things that interest me, to listen to music or do anything on my phone or computer

livebygrace

Reaction score
Online activities can always be taped by even an amateur hacker. I experienced something like this years ago. No anti virus or site security can block a hacker from taping your phone.

Speaking from experience, my suggestion is don't let anyone who aren't your close friends know your phone number and social media (fb,twitter,etc).

In my country some people use this technique to bring down someone's mentality.

Hacker can record your activity using your phone number and social medias. Even after you change your number they can still trace you from your social media accounts. They are able to know what number links to your social medias and what number links to your phone once they recorded your imei.

If you are certain that your phone has been taped, the best thing to do is to change your number, phone and all social media accounts.

But if they don't really cause too much troubles, just ignore them.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk