third party retailer?

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
So im thinking of buying a droid x. yes yes i know its old technology, and they just announced new phones with tegra and such. but i mean what can i really do on the new phones i cant on the x, especially since 4g wont even be in portland by the end of the year. I do wish it had a ffc but oh well. plus with smart phones talk free, it makes the data plan 20 dollars a month :).

anyways i was wondering, what kind of warranty comes standard with verizon compared to like walmart, target or wirefly? since its so much cheaper there. and if I needed to replace my phone or get it fixed, would i go through the third party retailer or through verizon?

and does anyone know when the smart phones talk free offer ends?

jbdow

Reaction score
I believe you would need to take the phone back to where you bought it from to
have any issues resolved, also, i don't believe i would put too much stock in the
Droid X is old technology argument- while there are nuggets of truth there, it stll
smacks of being "trendy" in kind of a silly way, imnsho...

r, john

kingsway8605

Reaction score
So im thinking of buying a droid x. yes yes i know its old technology, and they just announced new phones with tegra and such. but i mean what can i really do on the new phones i cant on the x, especially since 4g wont even be in portland by the end of the year. I do wish it had a ffc but oh well. plus with smart phones talk free, it makes the data plan 20 dollars a month :).

anyways i was wondering, what kind of warranty comes standard with verizon compared to like walmart, target or wirefly? since its so much cheaper there. and if I needed to replace my phone or get it fixed, would i go through the third party retailer or through verizon?

If you can buy from a REPUTABLE third party (best buy, walmart), definitely do. Verizon only allows one exchange if you buy from a verizon store, after that you are stuck with refurbs. DO NOT buy from the verizon wireless fake stores (it will say the real name of the store under the verizon sign). They trends to rip you off. DO NOT but from an Amazon or anything that requires doing because the high defect rate may less to you have to pay shipping costs to get a refund.

As far as warranty, Verizon gives you a one year warranty on smart phones regardless of where you buy it. Just take it to a verizon store or call verizon and they will replace it with a refurb. This is unlimited replacements. I have gotten my droid, purchased at best buy, replaced by verizon give times Of course, if you are still within your return period, return it to the original store and get a new one instead of a refurb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you can buy from a REPUTABLE third party (best buy, walmart), definitely do. Verizon only allows one exchange if you buy from a verizon store, after that you are stuck with refurbs. DO NOT buy from the verizon wireless fake stores (it will say the real name of the store under the verizon sign). They trends to rip you off. DO NOT but from an Amazon or anything that requires doing because the high defect rate may less to you have to pay shipping costs to get a refund.

As far as warranty, Verizon gives you a one year warranty on smart phones regardless of where you buy it. Just take it to a verizon store or call verizon and they will replace it with a refurb. This is unlimited replacements. I have gotten my droid, purchased at best buy, replaced by verizon give times Of course, if you are still within your return period, return it to the original store and get a new one instead of a refurb.

I don't think so. If you go into Best Buy with a warranty replacement Best Buy will not just grab a new one off the shelf and hand it to you. It's a manufacturers warranty, noot Best Buy. And as strict as they've got about their return policies I simply don't see it working that way. They would tell you to call Verizon and you would still get a refurb after 30 days.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

I don't think so. If you go into Best Buy with a warranty replacement Best Buy will not just grab a new one off the shelf and hand it to you. It's a manufacturers warranty, noot Best Buy. And as strict as they've got about their return policies I simply don't see it working that way. They would tell you to call Verizon and you would still get a refurb after 30 days.

You misread what I typed. Within thirty days, return to bestbuy for a new one. After thirty days swap at verizon for a refurb.