Thickness...I actually like it.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Anybody else actually like the thickness of the thunderbolt?

In a world of thinner, smaller, and sleeker it seems as though in some instances ergonomics have all but gone down the drain.

I'm coming from a d1 and while not actually much thinner, the tbolt just FEELS so much better in my hand. I have friends with iPhone (generally considered the gold standard in egos), various galaxyS versions, evos dXs, d2s, etc., and for some reason the tbolt just feels SO much more solid and comfortable in my hands. In my opinion thinner is not always better and I think the tbolt is a perfect example of that.

Anyone else with me?

Sent from my ADR6400L

hollip3020

Reaction score
I'd have to agree. I got my TB today (came from D1 as well) and it definitely feels better in my hand. Also, it seems less noticeable in my pocket. The only thing I'm having trouble with is adjusting to the size difference while using the phone. That extra half inch of screen size really makes a difference.

CyD

Reaction score
The Droid 1 is about the same thickness as the Tbolt (almost exactly the same). I'm coming from it as well and I agree.

slinky

Reaction score
I am too. The only thing that worries me is that it needs an extended battery.

OP
mkjellgren

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I am too. The only thing that worries me is that it needs an extended battery.

My battery life has been as good as I could have hoped for so far (im in a 3g only area...) but I agree, a thick extended battery would throw everything off.

Sent from my ADR6400L

slinky

Reaction score
My battery life has been as good as I could have hoped for so far (im in a 3g only area...) but I agree, a thick extended battery would throw everything off.
The problem is that they put VZW/HTC put a 3G battery in a 4G phone. When 4G comes to your town, you'll be thrilled with the speed but frustrated that your phone will die quickly. Enjoy it while you're 4Gless, lol. :)

Drew_P

Reaction score
I'm coming from a fascinate. And while I liked the screen, to me it always felt like a low dollar iPhone 3g.....even had the chrome ring around the edges lol. The tb is thicker, heavier, and just over all feels more like a high end smartphone, rather than a cheap plastic phone.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!