They broke tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Everything worked fine until the last update to my phone. No you can't make everyone happy all the time I guess.... But this is now boarder line useless for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You can find a signed apk version on the web if you really want to go back. Then turn off auto-update.

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
That would be great! Except I don't know how to do that :-( I know what an apk is and how to install it. Where would I find the last good version?
Thank you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

loadeddiapers

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi Mi4i
try apkmirror.com

Edit : I just check the site, the oldest APK version is 4.9.5

If im not mistaken the update change into like this since November/Desember 2014???

Sent from my Redmi2 Prime using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Be very careful sideloading apps. There's things that go bump in the night down that path.

Reactions: CJM

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Be very careful sideloading apps. There's things that go bump in the night down that path.
While I agree completely, apkmirror is supposed to run verification checks on all apk's uploaded there to ensure they are legit.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
While I agree completely, apkmirror is supposed to run verification checks on all apk's uploaded there to ensure they are legit.
Correct. The version I gave him is signed by Tapatalk. So in this case, its safe. Normally I wouldn't suggest anything like this.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This is what APK Mirror does..

Of course we're aware of the risks of running a site that provides downloads of user-uploaded content, particularly when that content will be installed on your device. To keep things safe, AP staff checks each APK that's uploaded to make sure it's the real deal. To ensure there's not been any tampering, we even have an automatic signature check that will ensure the app's signature matches with the original. Additionally, the MD5 and SHA1 values are presented to the user explicitly (along with useful compatibility info), just in case a download goes wrong.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is the newest thread on Tapatalk, so I'm resurrecting it.

Anyone else having issues signing in to Tapatalk today? Mine was working this morning, but when I left work for lunch, it wouldn't connect to sign me in.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Mine wouldn't connect at lunch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the newest thread on Tapatalk, so I'm resurrecting it.

Anyone else having issues signing in to Tapatalk today? Mine was working this morning, but when I left work for lunch, it wouldn't connect to sign me in.
I got an update last week and started having all kinds of issues, some of which are documented on the this forum. Slow loading, if at all was one I didn't mention. Last week I kept looking for threads on the mobile site to see if the site or tapatalk servers were down because I couldn't get into this forum more often than I could. A.C. is still very sluggish but it is eventually loading vs last week where all forums were timing out and giving me error messages of differing words.
I got an update yesterday that for the first time I ever remember stated a fix for url misdirections , something that has plagued Tapatalk since its inception.
This forum is loading much faster, no more incorrect redirects, photos are viewable again , and other goodies that went away with the update last week.
I also like how they've added individual forum notifications ability for likes and quotes in the form of a bell icon in the upper right of the forum home page.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I received another TT update this morning. I think they broke sum-ting-bad.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know I've had an update recently, but I was at least getting notifications this morning, then it stopped working altogether. So I'm thinking it's a server side problem this time, even the I know how good they are at pushing out updates that break things.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh yeah this is all them.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm on TT now with no issues. There was an update today for me so maybe they fixed it.

Sent from my Note 4