[Theme] White background for [K]IN3TX

brainwash1

Reaction score
Here is a theme I've been working on for [K]IN3TX for anyone who hasn't jumped to ICS yet. Basically dark gray text on white background, with a few touches of ICS color. Updated font, quick settings toggles, and dialer background. Tested on [K]IN3TX 1.0 on Bionic with with 5.9.904 only. Flash at your own risk!
I recommend making a backup before wiping cache, and Dalvik cache before flashing.

shot_000077.pngshot_000076.pngshot_000069.png
download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11587688/WhtBg4_24b.zip

mrgarrison

Reaction score
This is great! Love the white for a change. Is there any way you(or anyone else) would wanna work on a port for Eclipse 2.2? It would be quite pleasuring... thanks! Awesome work

OP
B

brainwash1

Reaction score
I hadn't planned on it. I believe Eclipse and [K]IN3TX are pretty similar, except that Eclipse has some more settings options (that don't all work), and no funny punctuation in the name.
I like the white bg with black text because it lets me use a much lower brightness setting and am still able to read everything. I've been using Lux Auto Brighness to set my auto brighness a lot lower than stock allows. Battery use by the display has gone way down for me (I would estimate by half).
If you used Safestrap to install Eclipse, you could try installing this. Just backup first, then wipe cache & Dalvik cache, then install zip. If it doesn't wor, you can restore your backup.

Let me know if you try it. I may reinstall Eclipse next week, or maybe I'll wait to see what the May 5 update from Motorola/Verizon looks like:

Verizon Update Schedule Out; HTC, Motorola Updates Incoming - Other News - droid HIVE - Articles - droidHIVE

Edit: looks like there is a new version of Eclipse. I'm downloading it now.
Edit again: tried it with Eclipse 2.2 and bootlooped. I'll give it some attention this week.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
That'd be awesome! I'd really appreciate if you'd check into what it'd take to get this on eclipse.. :) shwiiing!

Verro84

Reaction score
Nice! I kinda miss my bionic. U like the weather in NY state? I hate it I live in Rome NY but moving to Jacksonville in the next 2 months

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mrgarrison

Reaction score
Here is a partially finished version for Eclipse, tested on Eclipse 2.2 installed over .904. Status bar mostly done, notifications, toggles, lockscreen and fonts updated.

oh sweet! thanks a lot for doing this! eclipse is just my favorite gb rom so i use it when i need stability(or a video camera..) and i NEEDED to find something sexy and different to put on it and this does just the trick. if youre still working on it theres no rush.. but thanks again! my lezBIONIC thanks you as well...

:icon_ rocker:

OP
B

brainwash1

Reaction score
I will probably do some more work on this next week. I really want to change the menus from black background,and clean up a lot of the button colors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2