Theme Release: "FROST BYTE"

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is available for UD 2.5 on the Droid 1 only.. I'll port it over to the D-INC soon and to the 3.0 RC.... the color code I use is #00ffff for the blue.. It's an update.zip so install via recovery and make a back up prior to that.... Enjoy!

th_CAP201101301048.jpg
th_CAP201101301052-1.jpg
th_CAP201101301054.jpg
th_CAP201101301117.jpg
th_CAP201101301118.jpg
CAP201101301051.jpg

THEMED APK'S:

framework-res
Settings
Browser
Contacts
Phone
Camera
Calculator
DeskClock
GoogleQuickSearch
Gmail
Mms
Vending
-------------------

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/Frost_Byte_UD_2.5.zip <-- FROST BYTE UD 2.5 - DROID 1

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Meh.

When I look at this compared to something like Stu's Watermark'd it just looks like you don't really take a lot of time to do yours. Throw one color down all over and that's that. Take the normal images into Photoshop apply the 00ffff and implement.

Not my cup of tea.

Hey, to each his own... it's not for everyone. But it's a little more than just what you said.. and I made all of my own icons on the original style, then offered other colors to those that don't like this color... but I would greatly love love love to see all the themes you've made so I can learn.. considering I've been doing this for like 3 months part time, have 5 full themes out on 2 different roms and 2 different phoens, about 100 metamorph icon sets, and I'm still learning as I go cause I'm self taught... so please in this thread link some of your work...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! I'd love to learn! :)

Meh.

When I look at this compared to something like Stu's Watermark'd it just looks like you don't really take a lot of time to do yours. Throw one color down all over and that's that. Take the normal images into Photoshop apply the 00ffff and implement.

Not my cup of tea.

Hey, to each his own... it's not for everyone. But it's a little more than just what you said.. and I made all of my own icons on the original style, then offered other colors to those that don't like this color... but I would greatly love love love to see all the themes you've made so I can learn.. considering I've been doing this for like 3 months part time, have 5 full themes out on 2 different roms and 2 different phoens, about 100 metamorph icon sets, and I'm still learning as I go cause I'm self taught... so please in this thread link some of your work...

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No need to gloat.
I'd rather produce one solid looking theme (IE Stu's Watermark'd) than produce 12 of the same thing in various monotone colors.[/QUOTE]

Well, granted, I'm sure Stu would be appreciative of your love for his work, but we're talking about you now, friend... I have driven over a lot of bridges that I thought should have been built better, yet I have no knowledge of how to build a bridge so I'm just being a complaining tard... that short story reminds me of a new friend I just met... so in order for my outlook to change, I would like to see just 1 link to a theme that YOU made.. not stu.. I've seen his work, and yes it's very nice.. my style was to create a theme that any color could come out of it and more people could use it... so 2900 downloads later, I can say I've done my part... cheers

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Meh.

Not my cup of tea.

Hey, to each his own... it's not for everyone. But it's a little more than just what you said.. and I made all of my own icons on the original style, then offered other colors to those that don't like this color... but I would greatly love love love to see all the themes you've made so I can learn.. considering I've been doing this for like 3 months part time, have 5 full themes out on 2 different roms and 2 different phones, about 100 metamorph icon sets, and I'm still learning as I go cause I'm self taught... so please in this thread link some of your work...
No need to gloat.
I'd rather produce one solid looking theme (IE Stu's Watermark'd) than produce 12 of the same thing in various monotone colors.

Wow man...some pretty rough comments there. One color or not there is a lot of work that goes into themeing android. It's not like your being forced to use it. It's on here for free. These themes are things most of us do in our spare time, we're not getting paid for this.

And as the old saying goes...If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

Edit: I would also like to see a link of a theme you did.

T-Dev

Reaction score
Excellent answer!!! (both B-boy and BP321)

Nice job on the theme.

I think others should stop and think how they would feel if they spent hundreds of hours building something and someone walks in, looks at it for 2 seconds and starts complaining.

Dont like it, just move on, no need to comment... If you have some constructive criticism then im sure the developers would love to hear it.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good call you guys... I know my themes don't match up to a lot of the others but I like them and I enjoy making them... guess I'll hear it later tonight when I release CITRUS BLEND... cause it's the orange version... lol

Reaction score
Meh.

Not my cup of tea.

I'd rather produce one solid looking theme (IE Stu's Watermark'd) than produce 12 of the same thing in various monotone colors.

Really, man? Did you actually just write all of that? By all means, since you'd "rather produce one solid looking theme" then do so. Until then, do us all a favor and STFU unless you have something nice to say about these people that do this for fun in their spare time.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Copy cat!! ;)

Good call you guys... I know my themes don't match up to a lot of the others but I like them and I enjoy making them... guess I'll hear it later tonight when I release CITRUS BLEND... cause it's the orange version... lol

DroidForums Junkie!!

Smokie

Reaction score
why **** talk the guy and his work? are you serious? someone that has never contributed anything to this forum actually bothered to leave negative feedback on someone else's theme. smooth move.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Consider the source and let it go."
BACK ON TOPIC: Excellent work bro...as always!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

lockman

Reaction score
B-boy, I like your theme and really like the way you handled this. I'd run this if it ever comes to the X. And burntorangefan will be in heaven! Two orange themes in one day!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Consider the source and let it go."
BACK ON TOPIC: Excellent work bro...as always!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks man... and I had no clue you were doing an orange theme bro... sorry about that. But there are like 20 blue theme out and each one had something special and different... so I guess its all good... lol... releasing it tonight so c'mon man and hurry up. I wanna see whatcha got!.. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
No joke lockman! If/when I come back around to UD, I'd definitely give it a go...For now, I'm testing the new Xcape and ECS theme on PE! Great job on this b-boy!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lockman.. thank you man.. and I plan on porting over to the dx soon... I have a guy with the incredible that is testing my ports to it and the dx is next.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App