[Theme Release] - "BLIZZARD" for Chevy's SSx

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THIS IS FOR SSX 2.0 FOR NOW

I will start by saying thank you to Stetsonaw for the update.script and to sm00th0pr8r for testing this for me since I don't even have a DX... I blind themed this and got it right on the first shot, even with all the xml edits.. I've never themed the DX before but it went smooth so I'll port the rest soon.. This theme is an update.zip, not a theme chooser apk so it installs via recovery.. This is the remixed version that has all new button sets, phone dialer, dark pop up menus (no black on black), more xml edits and an animated statusbar pulldown (credit Alastrionia for the code).. I assume you can make a nandroid back up on the DX also so have one made or make one prior to modding your phone.. and I take no responsibility for you or your phone so flash this at your own risk (disclaimer)... I included my Kameleon apps as a seperate install but they applied perfectly for my tester and only need to be applied once since they self theme according to the Primary system text colors (Settings menu text colors) so if you flash these on a theme or ROM that has a white background with black text, you're gonna have some black on black issues so take precaution before installing these.. On my themes, they will theme themselves to match the color of the theme though... and on a white text rom/theme they're inverted but still look cool...They have new update.scripts so they work on the DX now.. I'm not sure if they work on other DX roms, tho.... I work my butt off making themes and helping themers out so I hope you enjoy my work and I'm lookin forward to porting the other 8 themes over to the DX.. Make sure you change the colors for lockscreen, deskclock and statusbar stuff in Chevy's settings... Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

1.a. http://bit.ly/BlizzardSSxDx MAIN THEME DOWNLOAD - Has an animated pulldown background.. it's experimental right now so flash at your own risk... *Might cause fc on process.media when trying to download something*

1.b. http://bit.ly/BlizzardSSxDxNoAnimation MAIN THEME - WITHOUT an ANIMATED PULLDOWN - Full theme but this one has a standard themed pulldown.. no animation.. Tested and works great!

2. http://bit.ly/KameleonGoogleVoiceandSearchDX Kameleon Black GoogleVoice and GoogleSearch - flash just like the theme in recovery

3. http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketDX Kameleon Black Market 2.3.6 - Flash like the theme in recovery - *SHOWS UP AS BLACK MARKET IN APP DRAWER*

4. http://bit.ly/Kameleon154Facebookapk Kameleon Black Facebook 1.5.4 - Uninstall your old version and this installs like a normal app

5. http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketDXButtons Remixed Kameleon Black Market 2.3.6 - Flash like a theme... this version uses system buttons to match it all up better!.. *not sure how this will look on anything other than my themes or a theme that has dark buttons... SCREENSHOTS AT THE BOTTOM

*INSTALL DIRECTIONS*

Since I don't have a DX I'm going off of what my tester said to do..

1. download the theme and move to the appropriate folder/or root of sd

2. boot into recovery and make a back up or if you already have a current one, just wipe cache and install theme

3. Enjoy the BLIZZARD.. :D

If these directions aren't correct or if anyone has any questions, hopefully a DX user can help me assist since I'm not familiar with it...

What's themed?
framework-res
Browser
Calculator - Kameleon Edition - Themed icon included
Camera
Contacts
DeskClock
Gallery 3D
GoogleQuickSearch -Kameleon Edition - Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me
GoogleVoice - Kameleon Edition -Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me

LatinIME - GB keyboard
Mms
Phone
Settings
SystemUI

Black Gtalk - By me and corinacakes (themed by me)
Black Gmail - Initially by ecsnead69, we fully inverted it together(themed by me)
Black Market 2.3.6 -Kameleon Edition - Inverted and themed by me - credits to ecsnead for the buttons and a couple other icons..
Black Facebook 1.5.4- Kameleon Edition - Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me

CAP201107051632.jpg
CAP201107051608.jpg
CAP201106272330-1.jpg
CAP201106272331.jpg
CAP201106272320.jpg
CAP201106272328.jpg
CAP201106121450.jpg
CAP201106121356.jpg
CAP201107111510.jpg
CAP201107111517.jpg
CAP201107111536.jpg

Last edited:

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Great theme, really nice detail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks.... :D.. It's one of my highest downloaded themes so far....

Sent from the floor board of my Ford

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Quick question, are you able to change the incoming call and lockscreen background ? Thanks

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Quick question, are you able to change the incoming call and lockscreen background ? Thanks

you can change the png with ninja morph or Astro or root explorer I believe.. the lockscreen is in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/lockscreen_background.png and the background for incoming is in Phone.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/there are 5 of them... "bg_in_call_gradient_" bluetooth, connected, ended, on_hold, and unidentified.. they're all .9 pngs but if you use a full screen image it'll look normal..if ya use a smaller one it'll stretch it .. so make it look like this.. bg_in_call_gradient_connected.9.png and change the last part for the other 4...

Zog

Reaction score
How do I get only the themed keyboard from this?

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How do I get only the themed keyboard from this?

Go to my section in Droid themers or if you're on a PC hit the link for themed gb keyboards in my sig and it is in there as an individual zip....

Last edited:

Zog

Reaction score
Ty for the fast response :)

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem... :D

mr. vegas

Reaction score
B-boy.... will this work on the new liquid rom? This theme is sweet would love to see it on Liquid. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No it won't.. I theme Liquids D1 rom but I've been busy with other things and he updates so often .... lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, if this theme was made for a theme Chooser. apk and put on the market like the rest of the CM7 themes it would definitely be a top seller. Thanks for your bad a#% themes and keep up the good work!

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk