The z4root will not work on my Droid X HELP

Reaction score
Gingerbread is difficult in somecases to root especially on motorola phones I just sfb to the rooted gingerbreadand save the hassle

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

huskur

Reaction score

Follow these instructions and you will be fine. SBFing back is NOT necessary. Root the .602 GB you have now with the top link. Less than 5 minute process.

The "one click" root method IS AVAILABLE now. Not to mention it is the simplest of all. Scale of 1 t 10. Sbf'ing and rooting froyo is an 8. The way i am telling you is a 2..... that may be high. I have done 6 Droid X's running GB this way. Believe me....it is very simple. Install the moto drivers on your PC. Unzip the the one click root file to your desktop and then click the icon "root my droid3". 3 minutes later you have root. (yes it says droid 3 but it works on the X to)

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Follow these instructions and you will be fine. SBFing back is NOT necessary. Root the .602 GB you have now with the top link. Less than 5 minute process.

The "one click" root method IS AVAILABLE now. Not to mention it is the simplest of all. Scale of 1 t 10. Sbf'ing and rooting froyo is an 8. The way i am telling you is a 2..... that may be high. I have done 6 Droid X's running GB this way. Believe me....it is very simple. Install the moto drivers on your PC. Unzip the the one click root file to your desktop and then click the icon "root my droid3". 3 minutes later you have root. (yes it says droid 3 but it works on the X to)

...and Go Big Red.

OP
C

coolerthought

Reaction score
The D3 Mothed Worked

Thank you everyone the D3 mothed worked as stated. Now that I have my phone rooted what can I do with it?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A couple of the bigger things are backup your apps/data, flash ROMs/themes, and freeze unwanted preinstalled apps (bloatware).

on the move..

OP
C

coolerthought

Reaction score
Rom for Droid X

Whats the best Rom for longer battery life and where do I get it from?

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
And Z4 works absolutely flawlessly, for Froyo. I've rooted 2 OG Droids, 2 Droid X, and the fastest was a Droid 2 that rooted in 3 seconds no lie. I keep Z4 on my memory card just in case. D3 method works good on gingerbread had my Bionic rooted on day one worked great before I took it back.

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide 4.2

cedward2453

Reaction score
Check YouTube videos for a step by step rooting process. Forget that z4root crap. It didn't work for my OG Droid so I did it the old fashioned way. Make sure you read the video comments first to see if it worked for others. Good luck.
"Forget that z4root crap?" I can find nothing about rooting w/o z4root...? How did you root your phone without it?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
And Z4 works absolutely flawlessly, for Froyo. I've rooted 2 OG Droids, 2 Droid X, and the fastest was a Droid 2 that rooted in 3 seconds no lie. I keep Z4 on my memory card just in case. D3 method works good on gingerbread had my Bionic rooted on day one worked great before I took it back.

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide 4.2

+1... z4 won't root gingerbread...it will root froyo..reboot then hit permanent door. Sometimes it takes a couple tries ..:rolleyes:

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!