The z4root will not work on my Droid X HELP

coolerthought

Reaction score
I have tryed everything to root this phone the z4Root, and DoRoot and verytime for each platform it take me through to the end and has yet to root. Now my phone is acting crazy and I have no ide how to get it back to the where I started. This is the best phone I've had so far but this root stuff has ruined my Droid X. I just tryed the z4root for the last time. New my phone only charged half way and its been charging for more than an hour. HELP

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's your system version? Z4root will not work on Gingerbread.

OP
C

coolerthought

Reaction score
Please tell me what will work on Ginerbread? I have been trying to root this phone for a week now and everything I try has ended faluire. I'm sure there is someone how has gone through what I have and can help me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
SBF back to Froyo and then use Z4

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OP
C

coolerthought

Reaction score
Okay,I started the GingerBreak at 10:00 pm it is now 6:26 am and it has not stop running exploit. I'm begining to think that it would have been a better ide to just give Verizon their $29.99. So far all the things people are saying about rooting my phone has been false, I don't understand what makes my phone any different form other. I thank everyone for their help but I really need a list of what to do 1,2,3 that way I'll be able to follow it step by step.

mg8199

Reaction score
Okay,I started the GingerBreak at 10:00 pm it is now 6:26 am and it has not stop running exploit. I'm begining to think that it would have been a better ide to just give Verizon their $29.99. So far all the things people are saying about rooting my phone has been false, I don't understand what makes my phone any different form other. I thank everyone for their help but I really need a list of what to do 1,2,3 that way I'll be able to follow it step by step.

Check YouTube videos for a step by step rooting process. Forget that z4root crap. It didn't work for my OG Droid so I did it the old fashioned way. Make sure you read the video comments first to see if it worked for others. Good luck.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I understand it, he has a DX, not an OG Droid. The D3 method works on Gingerbread. Google 1-click D3 method and you should find what you're looking for.

on the move..

Reaction score
For gingerbread you need the latest version of gingerbreak. If that doesn't work, you have to download the rooted sfb and sfb

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mg8199

Reaction score
As I understand it, he has a DX, not an OG Droid. The D3 method works on Gingerbread. Google 1-click D3 method and you should find what you're looking for.

on the move..

It was supposed to work for my OG as well. I'm saying it was garbage for me, it's obviously garbage for him. I think doing the old fashioned root is better anyway. Gives you a better understanding of the phone if you're unfamiliar with the whole process.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Agreed, you should always start with an sbf... That way you start off fresh, but if I'm not mistaken he won't be able to sbf back to froyo... He maybe stuck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

coolerthought

Reaction score
What dose sbf mean, and am I really stuck with a phone I can't root?

Reaction score
It can be rooted if you want froyo you can sfb to it then have your root.if you want gingerbread rooted your gonna have to sfb. Sfb is returning it to bone stock and the only solution if your bricked or stuck

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was supposed to work for my OG as well. I'm saying it was garbage for me, it's obviously garbage for him. I think doing the old fashioned root is better anyway. Gives you a better understanding of the phone if you're unfamiliar with the whole process.

I had no problems rooting multiple times using this method. How can it be garbage for him if he hasn't tried it yet? I agree with SBFing if you're jumping from ROM to ROM or having problems, but rooting doesn't require an SBF.