The water damage indicator

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went through all the documentation (printed for people with 15/20 vision in a tiny pamphlet) about the indicator for water damage. When I open up the back I do see to the right of the SD card a round spot with a red x.

Does that mean it's had water or is that how everyones looks?

I've never even gotten it close to moisture.

MrJack

Reaction score
I went through all the documentation (printed for people with 15/20 vision in a tiny pamphlet) about the indicator for water damage. When I open up the back I do see to the right of the SD card a round spot with a red x.

Red X's on the Water Damage Indicator are fine. It will start darkening with water damage, first turning shades of pink before turning a shade of red to indicate if there is water damage. The more water damage, the darker it'll be, but if there's enough of a noticeable change in shade, it won't matter how much water damage the device sustained, they'll either charge you if you try to claim it via warranty or you'll have to do it via Asurion if you opted into the insurance, paying any applicable fees there as well.

therock

Reaction score

When it gets wet the x will wash out and it will just be pink indicating she has been wet.