The wallpaper jungle

beardance42

Reaction score
Yes, another newb here, trying to navigate the Free and/or Free-but-not-really wallpaper game.

I just downloaded a couple of wp's - one said it was free, but when I went into Settings, I was confronted with a pay-now-to-save-money msg, and an apparent promise to shut itself off on 12/31. The other appears free-forever, but I'm not sure I like it.

Is there a resource other than Market where I can best see legitimately free (or, worth the $$$) wp's without using up (evidently precious) battery life?

Sorry for the newb-noise, thx in advance for any advice... :icon_eek:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try doing a Market search for "Flikie HD"... it's free, and has more wallpapers than you will ever use, in categories and albums. You can even set it to automatically change your wallpaper... mine changes every 30 minutes, and it's not battery intensive at all. I love it.

greyparrot

Reaction score
Google 'Droid Wallpaper' and you'll find many sites with free wallpaper. I haven't tried to do this from my Droid, but from my computer I download and sideload to my Droid.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Zedge is a good one as well and it does ringtones also

Tapping To Talk

OP
B

beardance42

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm back.

I downloaded a shareware wallpaper, decided I didn't like it, put up another one, but now the shareware wallpaper shows under my apps and won't delete. Slide to me trashcan, turns that inviting shade of blood red, and still won't go away....

I know the bloatware stuff is more or less stuck in there unless I root (no interest at this time), but is the Market-dl'ed stuff also firewalled from deletion?

I feel like I'm losing control of my device, and I hate losing control . Know what I mean???

Beka27

Reaction score
You can also do google searches for images online and download those and set as wallpapers. I've never had much luck with "prefab" wallpapers personally.

cambrosio

Reaction score
Loving flikie works great on my phone

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

devator22

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm back.

I downloaded a shareware wallpaper, decided I didn't like it, put up another one, but now the shareware wallpaper shows under my apps and won't delete. Slide to me trashcan, turns that inviting shade of blood red, and still won't go away....

I know the bloatware stuff is more or less stuck in there unless I root (no interest at this time), but is the Market-dl'ed stuff also firewalled from deletion?

I feel like I'm losing control of my device, and I hate losing control . Know what I mean???

Go to settings, apps, and find the app in the list, click on it, then force stop it if it is running, then delete. Should get rid of it.

Sent from my brain, with the help of my Droid...

mamawm

Reaction score
check out backgrounds, mabilo wallpapers, and android library(androlib) walllpapers in the market, all are free apps and have thousands of wallpapers.