The Wallpaper In all the G-Nex Ad Pictures

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been searching (obviously with out success) for the wallpaper that is on the G-Nex in almost all of the Ads/Photos you see everywhere (Look @ the little G-Nex up & to the left under DroidForums.net). I know that there is one that is similar installed as a wallpaper but I would like to find the one in the pictures.

Anyone here seen it anywhere or know where to look?

Thanks in advance for any help or directions!

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
Yea im on stock and if u go into wallpapers its the 3rd one on the list. Im on stock unrooted for the moment as i up in the air about keeping this phone.

OP
F

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply. Perhaps I should have suggested a better picture so people can see what I am talking about. If you goto Galaxy Nexus and look at the G-Nex you can see the wallpaper I am talking about better. I realize it is similar to the one that is on the stock G-Nex (I am still stock and fighting the urge to root :) but is different.

The colors are closer and more vivid and without the small spots. I have searched for a good amount of time before deciding to post and ask others.

I was iffy about keeping my G-Nex at first but found a post that REALLY helped me with signal problems and daily this phone amazes me more and more. Usually its amaze at first and then slowly loses its interest where this phone is gaining interest daily!
Thanks again!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I found that wallpaper but it is not full sized (only 800x800). I've looked pretty hard as well!

OP
F

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
Thank you BOTH for your help!! (Liderc & TgyBerg)

As stated I looked for sometime and couldn't find anything even close. Every other time I asked anyone (in person & online) people insisted that the one in the pictures is the exact same one that ships with the Nexus. I don't know if they refused to look or what but I think the one in the pictures is much better looking then the one that shipped. Maybe I am partial because I stared at the one in the pictures for so long waiting and waiting for the Nexus to drop. :)

Thanks again!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. I've been making wallpapers for myself since I can't ever find any I really like. Like you said a lot of times the colors just don't pop unless you have the original HD image.

Here's my latest:

View attachment 46194

OP
F

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
The first one you posted (the one from G-Nex Pictures) looks great on my phone just as I had hoped. I REALLY like the one you made. It fits a lot better on the screen if that makes sense and it shows off the colors and blacks really well.

Thanks again!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad the Nexus one fit well.

Yeah I use a no scroll wallpaper, so I build them just for the home screen. The strip across the top is where my digital clock goes.

Creed

Reaction score
I am unable to change my wallpaper without the crop tool showing up. Any way to just use the image to posted, Liderc, without cropping it so it fits the home screen perfectly?

If it is important I have nova launcher to use if out is not possible with stock.

With much thanks,
Creed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which wallpaper are you trying to use?

I use 960x584 for a single home screen image myself.

But I believe the 5 home screen image size is 1440x1280, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I also use Quickpic app for my gallery/cropping.

Creed

Reaction score
Which wallpaper are you trying to use?

I use 960x584 for a single home screen image myself.

But I believe the 5 home screen image size is 1440x1280, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I also use Quickpic app for my gallery/cropping.

I am using the image you posted/made. Despite it's size android still tries to resize it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hrm, I'm not sure. I'm uploading it directly from photoshop so it should be to size.

If you want, PM me your gmail email account and I'll email you the file and you can download it and see if it still crops.

That's how I send the images to my phone, maybe the forums do something to the file when it's uploaded.

Creed

Reaction score
I am not even sure that would work the image size says 960x540 and seemsto be perfect quality, I just need to find a way to avoid the cropping page.