The waiting game...

Eolly

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of the Non-Corporate stores seem to be getting lots of them!? Give one of them a try. The one near me was offering a free case, car charger, and I think a dock all for the $199 after a $100 mail in rebate.
This post needs to be bumped.
I tried the local corporate store.
No dice tried the local best buy no dice.
Ordered online on the 15th had it on the 16th.
On the 17th drove by a non corp store and saw they were advertising the x with accessory kit for $200 buck after rebate.
Stopped walked in and asked about it, the girl said they had 20 droid x's and the phone was 199 and the acessory kit was 1 dollar with the purchase. It was case car charger and the plain house dock. Not a bad deal really.

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
does anyone out there know or notice if the billing of the credit card coincides with shipping of the phone??

Wrx-man

Reaction score
does anyone out there know or notice if the billing of the credit card coincides with shipping of the phone??
I dont think so. They billed me as soon as I ordered last Friday. As of 3:30 today nothing. So I called up to see whats going on and they said by Tues it'll ship and Ill have to wait a little longer. Then 15 minutes later I get an email that my phone shipped. dancedroid Finally !

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
thats weird..i really dont understand how they are shipping these phones

i dont expect to get mine until next week but my friend ordered his sunday and got it today...hes a lucky dude

Wrx-man

Reaction score
thats weird..i really dont understand how they are shipping these phones

i dont expect to get mine until next week but my friend ordered his sunday and got it today...hes a lucky dude

I know, thats what I was complaining about to the lady at Verizon . I know people who ordered 3 days after me and already had them. Then she told me just wait a little longer I almost flipped.

MisterMe

Reaction score
Hopefully the rumors of the phones shipping this coming Monday are true. I personally don't believe the ship dates most of reps give us. I think it's likely they're just allowing themselves about a week sized cushion to avoid pissing anyone else off. Or am I too optimistic? :biggrin:

clborden

Reaction score
Just a question for you guys...are they shipping the phones without a shipping confirmation? I ask because I need to have the package held at FedEx. Without the tracking number, I think I might be beat.

leele31

Reaction score
Just a question for you guys...are they shipping the phones without a shipping confirmation? I ask because I need to have the package held at FedEx. Without the tracking number, I think I might be beat.

Placed order on 7/16 and I got my shipping confirmation notice today...I will get my DX on the 7/27!! Yippie!!dancedroid. Yes there is a tracking number provided from FedEx.

DMCrimson

Reaction score
I ordered on 7/17 and still no word from Verizon...C'mon, I still operate a 2.5 year-old dumbphone, I want to get started on Android!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the rumors of the phones shipping this coming Monday are true. I personally don't believe the ship dates most of reps give us. I think it's likely they're just allowing themselves about a week sized cushion to avoid pissing anyone else off. Or am I too optimistic? :biggrin:
When the Storm came out in November 2008, I was working in a midwest Call Center. We had specific instructions whenever someone called about ordering their Storm - the message was if you ordered on whatever week, we had to tell them to expect shipments like 3 weeks later. So, lets say November 28 you ordered your Storm, we had to say the week of December 12 is when they could expect it to ship. I'm sure this is also what they're looking at now with the Droid X - a schedule that VZW gave to the call center reps. In most cases with the Storm, they shipped before the dates we had to tell customers, because bottom line, we exceeded the expectation to the customer.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have a replacement phone coming to me, and so far no shipment confirmation to know when it will be here. I called Verizon today to see if they could tell me when it was shipped if its been shipped or when it will ship cause I want to make sure someone is here to sign for it. She told me if I miss the delivery, that I just have to go to the fedex place and pick it up.... What she doesn't realize is that is a good 25 miles one way out of my way and time out of my day, if I could get there before the place closed for something that I should be able to have someone here to sign for it if I can't be here... if someone would just tell me when to expect it! the original rep said Tuesday it would be here.... but now I am not so sure.... lol Not everyone has or wants to run to Fedex to pick up a shipment that they weren't sure when it was going to arrive....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a replacement phone coming to me, and so far no shipment confirmation to know when it will be here. I called Verizon today to see if they could tell me when it was shipped if its been shipped or when it will ship cause I want to make sure someone is here to sign for it. She told me if I miss the delivery, that I just have to go to the fedex place and pick it up.... What she doesn't realize is that is a good 25 miles one way out of my way and time out of my day, if I could get there before the place closed for something that I should be able to have someone here to sign for it if I can't be here... if someone would just tell me when to expect it! the original rep said Tuesday it would be here.... but now I am not so sure.... lol Not everyone has or wants to run to Fedex to pick up a shipment that they weren't sure when it was going to arrive....
If you're generally not home during the day, why didn't you have it shipped to someone else's address, like your employer, friend, relative, etc? That is allowed and encouraged.

Kato99

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 7/22 and I got a shipment notification today. Should be here on the 28th.

Lightninrod

Reaction score

Got my shipping email right after lunch today. It included a FedEx tracking number. FedEx said delivery of my X will be by 3 PM on 7/27.

I ordered it online on the 22nd of July.

No rumors. Many are shipping on the 25 and/or the 26th of July.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
If you're generally not home during the day, why didn't you have it shipped to someone else's address, like your employer, friend, relative, etc? That is allowed and encouraged.

I am generally home during the day, but at any given point, I can take off and head to my parents' house, or run to the store, and fedex around here comes at all different times. If I know what day it is coming, its not a big deal, but with no shipment confirmation and thus far no way to for sure tell if its coming on Tuesday, unless I get a confirmation, I will probably make sure I am here and not make any plans unless something comes up, which at that point, I will have to go pick it up I guess, which isn't anyone's fault but my own then. I just like knowing for sure when it is actually coming so that that is my plan for the day lol.