Reaction score
Yep. Saw that a couple qeeks ago browsing. I was wondering the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have one with a universal adaptor that won't go big enough for the Note2 but in my old phones it worked very well.
I was looking for something to take the place of my old one.
My old one is an 8x zoom and I never used its tripod. Out in the woods or wherever I'd lean against a tree or anything to help steady it. Having a ready fit cover should help it stay in place better than the universal fit also.
Just ordered one, should be here Saturday.
Thanks for sharing the availability.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

newbroot83

Reaction score
Let me know how it works out

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few shots. Stop sign is 30' away, full auto, with/without, stock camera. Trees is 300' away, same setup but notice a slight "ring" along the top that wasn't there in the stop sign. I think that was user error but I'll find out in time if that's a normal problem that is easy to crop out. A shot with camera on macro to show what came in the package
Ok, the cover fits VERY snugly but attached readily. It doesn't take away from the oem ergonomics but its soft plastic feel does add quite discernible grip over the naked phone. It wraps around to the front to stick out about a mm above the screen, offering some screen protection if laid face down on a flat surface. Not Otterbox Defender protected but not screen touching like some others do either. It could easily be an everyday cover with its stealth fighter black coloring and the way it fits and feels.
The lens quickly attached with a spin into its mounting hole. When lining up a shot the display on the phone looked, for lack of the proper term, liquidy but the camera didn't reproduce the look once it was taken. Focusing via the manual ring was quick and the camera focused in the rest Oryx the way,as if there was nothing attached, once I got it close to clear. A shot once removing the lens took a bit longer to focus but worked well, the phone didn't freak out at the sudden changes made. It takes a few seconds to attach and remove but in time I'm sure I'll get faster at that. It's still faster than a dslr lens change.
It came with a carry bag that holds everything just fine with a little phenagling, that again will get better with use and memory of the best way. Rubber lens covers fit snug but came off with little effort.
It does add weight which will be a little disconcerting at first vs a phone camera but after about a dozen shots it felt natural.
I didn't use the tripod but can see the need in low light situations because the Note2 has no optical stabilization.
All in all I think it's a wonderful addition to my phone and I can truly see leaving the standalone cameras at home more often now than before.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386950050981.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386950050981.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386950062003.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386950062003.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 191
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386950081667.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386950081667.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386950096209.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386950096209.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 206
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386950105941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386950105941.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 203

newbroot83

Reaction score
Gorgeous. May invest in this

OP
xtor

xtor

Reaction score
A few shots. Stop sign is 30' away, full auto, with/without, stock camera. Trees is 300' away, same setup but notice a slight "ring" along the top that wasn't there in the stop sign. I think that was user error but I'll find out in time if that's a normal problem that is easy to crop out. A shot with camera on macro to show what came in the package
Ok, the cover fits VERY snugly but attached readily. It doesn't take away from the oem ergonomics but its soft plastic feel does add quite discernible grip over the naked phone. It wraps around to the front to stick out about a mm above the screen, offering some screen protection if laid face down on a flat surface. Not Otterbox Defender protected but not screen touching like some others do either. It could easily be an everyday cover with its stealth fighter black coloring and the way it fits and feels.
The lens quickly attached with a spin into its mounting hole. When lining up a shot the display on the phone looked, for lack of the proper term, liquidy but the camera didn't reproduce the look once it was taken. Focusing via the manual ring was quick and the camera focused in the rest Oryx the way,as if there was nothing attached, once I got it close to clear. A shot once removing the lens took a bit longer to focus but worked well, the phone didn't freak out at the sudden changes made. It takes a few seconds to attach and remove but in time I'm sure I'll get faster at that. It's still faster than a dslr lens change.
It came with a carry bag that holds everything just fine with a little phenagling, that again will get better with use and memory of the best way. Rubber lens covers fit snug but came off with little effort.
It does add weight which will be a little disconcerting at first vs a phone camera but after about a dozen shots it felt natural.
I didn't use the tripod but can see the need in low light situations because the Note2 has no optical stabilization.
All in all I think it's a wonderful addition to my phone and I can truly see leaving the standalone cameras at home more often now than before.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I think I'll get one:)

8th Infantry division

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention is it does cover the flash. The flash is useless with the lens attached.
I've also since discovered the vibrate feels stronger than with the Defender onboard. In my cloth side case I didn't used to notice any vibrate alerts at all. I got one a little bit ago and though I still didn't feel it I heard the "moo" sound phones often make with a vibrate alert. Between the girth of the Defender and cloth case I figured that to be normal before . I have the phone set for just a quick single vibrate with the strength set to moderately weak fwiw. The cover seemed to work better than the Defender in that regard as well.
After messing with the cover a bit I did find that though it fits very snugly it still needs to be installed just right to eliminate the ring in that photo above. After taking it off and putting it back on a few times and having the ring show up in different corners I figured it indeed was user error. Still not a big deal but could be annoying to the anal. A slight pinch, taking the phone from 0 zoom to .2 zoom brought it in just enough to eliminate the rings without affecting the photo otherwise

Support Our Troops!!!
<><