The square app

sutton241

Reaction score
Does anyone have the square credit card reader and app. For your phone. It allows you to take credit and debit card transactions with your phone. If you do let me know how well it works and if you like it. Thx.

fox_hound

Reaction score
I have it. Got it free from square. (Best buy) had it for sale for 10.00 ?

It works good .
But no one really wants to use it for a payment method.
Give it time, paypal is charging so much people will be moving over.
sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

hotdog12

Reaction score
I'm a photojournalist and have used it a few times on my Dinc. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Flawless, free, easy to set up and use. You earn big nerd points with clients, too! Flat 2.75% transaction fee, no monthly charge.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
Have it as well. I mostly use it when I do computer repair at peoples home. Even have an option for when they pay cash you can still send a receipt by email.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sweaner

Reaction score
I have used both Square and Intuit Go Payment. Both work fine and are easy.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had it on my OG and transferred to my Bionic. I use it for my home inspection business. Works great especially since I never do biz in the same place twice. My customers love signing with their finger on the screen. Then It emails a receipt. Whats really great in my biz is there is an option to include Google maps on the receipt. My clients get the map of their "new" place

DJTURNz

Reaction score
It is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Damn, when did they start slicing bread? Is there an app for that?

I'd love to use a card reader like this for my side work. I can't, but it would be cool to accept Credit Cards.

donnwp

Reaction score
I have had intermittent problems with the Square Card reader and my DROID X. Began with reader in June '12. No problems in the beginning. Now, for the last two months, sometimes works fine. Others not. I have 2 readers. They always work on my iPad. DOn't know if it's a loose connection or an OS problem. When i plug the reader in it oscillates between seeing the reader and not seeing it.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have had intermittent problems with the Square Card reader and my DROID X. Began with reader in June '12. No problems in the beginning. Now, for the last two months, sometimes works fine. Others not. I have 2 readers. They always work on my iPad. DOn't know if it's a loose connection or an OS problem. When i plug the reader in it oscillates between seeing the reader and not seeing it.

Same issue on my Bionic. Worked great in the beginning, but then I had intermittent issues. I have gone with an app called QwickPay with a Bluetooth card swipe device. No issues with it so far