The soon to be recover from a bricked update!

bcals0087

Reaction score
So I found this post at mydroidworld by cellZealot, one of the members of TBH. It gives an idea of how they are going to be able to fix these paperweights that some people have ended up with. I believe it also gives some insight about the future of custom roms for the X. ohhh goodie goodie :)

"We are working on a saveurass.sbf that will replace the bootloader with the 30.03 bootloader and should allow people to then flash the 2.3.15 SBF file to recover. It is not ready yet but we believe it should work.
We really don't want to see our releases turning into brick making exhibitions and will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. Ultimately it doesn't matter if it was blatant user error or an unforseen bughttp://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/#, it is just bad news to have a bunch of phones returned to VZW and waste everyone's time and money.

It will almost certainly be after the holiday before we can have it ready and properly tested though.

We are learning a lot about how to do these things now and can often see potential solutions before we can actually figure out how to do it.

Hope that gives everyone a little something to be thankful for and we wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!"

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anything is hackable.

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
I wanted to to post this because I have seen a lot of people that have had issues, and there was quite a scuffle in one of drod's threads about why TBH wasn't releasing a fix for the bricks, or a way to downgrade. This was just a single post out of over 500 that seemed to touch on this subject.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
If TBH can figure out how to change the bootloader why not change it to an unlocked one?

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
im not sure if it's quite like that, but ultimately I have no idea what they are doing and hopefully something will happen.

Raziel36

Reaction score
If TBH can figure out how to change the bootloader why not change it to an unlocked one?
Replacing the bootloader isn't the issue, from my understanding. The problem comes when a bootloader is used that isn't properly signed by Motorola. In theory, they could put any legitimately signed bootloader into an SBF, without having to worry about the eFuse. That's just my understanding from the little reading I've done on the forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jolly

Reaction score

The bootloader is encrypted for one. And then you have the EFuse Chip. What they're doing is changing the Bootloader from one Moto Version to another. That being said if or when the bootloader gets Cracked I think TBH will be the ones that do it.

Sent from my Droid X

fr3nzy

Reaction score
im one of those people with a very expensive paperweight ):

i tried the sbfs and everything but im still trapped at the bootloader menu and my phone wont even charge

JonesA13

Reaction score
So I found this post at mydroidworld by cellZealot, one of the members of TBH. It gives an idea of how they are going to be able to fix these paperweights that some people have ended up with. I believe it also gives some insight about the future of custom roms for the X. ohhh goodie goodie :)

"We are working on a saveurass.sbf that will replace the bootloader with the 30.03 bootloader and should allow people to then flash the 2.3.15 SBF file to recover. It is not ready yet but we believe it should work.
We really don't want to see our releases turning into brick making exhibitions and will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. Ultimately it doesn't matter if it was blatant user error or an unforseen bughttp://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/#, it is just bad news to have a bunch of phones returned to VZW and waste everyone's time and money.

It will almost certainly be after the holiday before we can have it ready and properly tested though.

We are learning a lot about how to do these things now and can often see potential solutions before we can actually figure out how to do it.

Hope that gives everyone a little something to be thankful for and we wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!"

Heh, kind of ironic. I thought about this same concept earlier in the day. Hope it works as it should in theory. So then I can get UD on my X since I loaded up 2.2.1 leak :/

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
i don't know but my leg has been hurting very badly lately, like someone has been pulling it very, very hard................ahhh jk jk lol

in time i'm sure we will see something wonderful