The Raspberry Pi Now Has an Official Case for Only $9; Makes it a Fully Functional Mini-PC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
r-pi-case2-500x334.jpeg

Since its debut in 2012, the Raspberry Pi is one of the coolest tech gadgets available. The device basically offers users an affordable $20 PC-on-a-card for a wide variety of uses. The creators themselves have taken the amazing little device a step further this week. They are now offering an official case add-on for the Raspberry Pi that will basically convert it into a fully functional mini-PC.

For less than $9 bucks ($8.59) the new Raspberry Pi case includes connections for ethernet, USB and more. It was created directly for the Raspberry Pi makers by a company called Kinneir Dufort. Here's a quote from Gordon Hollingworth (Director of Software for Raspberry Pi),
Two and a half years ago, I found myself sitting in a car with Eben Upton about three days into my new job at Raspberry Pi. We discussed – among other things – everything we wanted to do with the Raspberry Pi hardware and with the products around the Pi.

One of the things we discussed was an official Raspberry Pi case. We thought that it would be great to create something affordable, but with the kind of real beauty and design that our products try to encompass.

For more info, check out the source link here: Raspberry Pi Official Case - Raspberry Pi

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
DG, not sure this is completely accurate. The ports themselves are already on the device's motherboard. The case doesn't "add" them.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way, Windows 10 has a port for Pi now. Unfortunately to install it you have to have a physical PC running Windows 10 (not a VM).

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it added them, but I see why it seems unclear. The case includes ports for those connections. :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You folks are being overly picky today... :p

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Does anyone have a Raspberry PI?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I would like to fiddle with one, but have no idea what I would use it for.