the psp

capnfuffy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on the forum here has been into PSP modification, custom firmwares, etc.? I was back in the day, even had a site based on it for a time. Now that I'm getting into messing around with the Droid it reminds me of when I used to mod the PSP. Now my PSP is just an mp3 player in my car...

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I did for a little bit, but then put original firmware back on cause i like to remote to my PS3 now and then. they are up to 6.2 firmware now

Droidfish

Reaction score
I had always heard about modding your psp back when I used to use mine alot but never really considered it. I figured it was a little out of my league(and was probably right).

My droid was the first device I've ever really hacked and if it weren't for this site and alldroid I probably wouldn't have considered it for this device either. I rooted from scratch and was actually pretty nervous the whole time. Now it's it's become second nature and I'll swap roms and make minor tweaks several times a day sometimes.

Since messing with the droid I've really considered looking at the capabilities of my psp but I've actually been pretty preoccupied with the droid.

What are some examples of some of the better things you can do with a hacked psp

brochaos

Reaction score
mine was fully modded, stopped updating about a year ago though. not sure how much has changed since then. i think i was up to 5 point something. can't remember. i just used it the other day though, and the screen that i used to think was amazing looked sooooo low res now. it was sad.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
There is alot, especially with emulators the emulation with older games is almost perfect. Also you can rip UMD's and save to memory stick and play off stick instead of using drive which saves Battery life. You dont even need a pandora battery anymore. There is a way to load CFW with just a simple key press on startup. I dont think PSP-3000 or PSPGO(Sucker system) are able to use CFW

OP
capnfuffy

capnfuffy

Reaction score
I actually still have all my files from my site on my PC if anyone wants something. (gameboots, coldboots, emulators, fonts, icons, wallpapers, all xmb elements) That is a lot of stuff... now my PSP just looks pretty docked in my car. Oh well, those days are long gone, Droid's time to shine.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I would really dig an n64 emulator (and any others for that matter) on my psp. Too many many games to count that I miss playing.

Two questions:

Is the n64 emu pretty stable and smooth? (A portable n64 would be my main interest here, though I'm sure I wouldn't stop there)
&
Is hacking the psp very difficult overall? I'll do all the dirty work I was just wondering if it could be summed up in a few words.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I would really dig an n64 emulator (and any others for that matter) on my psp. Too many many games to count that I miss playing.

Two questions:

Is the n64 emu pretty stable and smooth? (A portable n64 would be my main interest here, though I'm sure I wouldn't stop there)
&
Is hacking the psp very difficult overall? I'll do all the dirty work I was just wondering if it could be summed up in a few words.

no not really, just depends what model you have. creating a magic memory stick can be a pain if you dont have a any other kind of pro stick duo reader...

check this site out. they got bunch of info on it

PSP Hack Tutorials - How to Hack your PSP Tutorials, PSP Hacks - PSP Slim Hacks