The Pixel 2 Is Coming Later This Year!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pixel-xlSILVER

While I did eventually return my Pixel XL it was one of my favorite phones of 2016. This phone was all about the software experience, and it delivers in that department for sure! I only returned the device because I couldn't justify the higher price tag considering that it didn't include any of the hardware features that other devices in the same price range or cheaper were able to provide. Those complaints may be solved in the next version of the Pixel which has been confirmed for later this year.

Rick Osterloh, Senior Vice President of hardware for Google, stated that the device would be coming in 2017. He also said "Their is an annual rhythm in the industry. So, you can count on us to follow it.", hinting at a late 2017 release. He also confirmed that Google would keep the new phone a "premium" device which may be a disappointment to some as that means the higher price will come along with this new device. The device is expected to include a better CPU, better camera, and likely no waterproofing although I think they would do better to include it. Wireless charging would also be a nice inclusion.

via AndroidPit

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While I love my Pixel XL, it did seem kind of fishy, like they rushed to slap the G logo on an already in-development htc device.

It's a great phone, but I'm hoping they've got a clearer path ahead of them now and are going to do this phone even better.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Let's just 2017 specs in the 6p body and don't put that stupid premium price on it. Pixel are nice but they don't have to the quality nor lineage to get 'premium' prices like that other oem, but those aren't exactly perfect either...

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
"Premium" is code word for MORE MONEY. Take out a bank loan if you want to buy a Prixel.:p

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
They certainly aren't cheap, but they seem like a solid phone. Three of my kids have them and really like them. Of course, now that VZW has stopped the phone subsidies, they may have to last for a long time.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I just can't find it in myself to like the appearance of the Pixel-it looks like a shrunken Nexus 7...the screen to body ratio is horrible.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Definitely get rid of the bezels and waterproof it ...along with specs up to date ...

7+

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not surprised at all considering manufacturers release a new model every year. And also to second the words of @Jonny Kansas the Pixel did seem like a rushed phone, however it's a great phone.

Now that Google got their feet wet and turns out the Pixel is a hit, I think their second shot at it will be great. I won't be upgrading since I plan on hanging onto this device for awhile....though I admit I said the same about my Note 5, then my s7 edge.....

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm hoping the next Pixel is a great next step, I plan on moving to that if it builds on the current Pixel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

wardo

Reaction score
Any dates ?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's too early but October to early November would be my guess ...

7+
At the rate leaks go we'll know majority of the stats and what it will look like by July.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Although I love my Pixel XL and it is a great phone. I miss my Note and I will be going back to the Note 8!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A co worker bought a Pixel XL recently. First time I got to see & use one that wasn't tethered with a security device in a store. Personally I still like the phone and the Pixel 2 will be on my list of possible next phones along with the Moto Z2 (or whatever they call it). I really like the phone and the vanilla Android experience, but still don't think it's worth what they are asking for it. But I don't think any phone is worth the initial asking price and wait until deals start to emerge before buying any new phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk