The one problem I am having with my new phone

Mandi

Reaction score
My husband just bought me the new droid Incredible 2 htc. I love it except one problem. I added all my contacts and synced facebook to them also. Easy enough....BUT when i go into the messages not everyone's name and picture show up. I hate having to try and remember everyones number so i can figure out who is texting me. Now some of them show up but some dont. I dont understand what i am doing wrong. Please if anyone can give me some help.... =)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

How did the contacts get sync'd? Did Verizon do it for you? Do you have a gmail address?

OP
M

Mandi

Reaction score
Umm...not sure. I have a gmail address...I just added the facebook app and went into settings and clicked sync all.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. Best thing to do is to go to http://contacts.google.com and see what contacts you have on there.

I'm pretty sure FB tries to take over when you sync. It uses your common contacts in FB as your phone contacts.

OP
M

Mandi

Reaction score
well what i want is when someone texts me i want to see their picture off fb as my contact pic or any picture for that matter. Some of them do it. But a few nothing shows up. I have even tried deleting the contact and just adding a pic from my gallery for a pic and still when they text me nothing but their number shows up.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like FB has taken over.

I know there's a fix, but I'm not knowledgeable about it. I'll see who I can stir up.

OP
M

Mandi

Reaction score
Well i just deleted the fb app and deleated the fb account out of the sync setting. And still no change. Now everyones pic is gone of course but some names show up and some dont. LoL. Sorry to be a pest. I have been messing with it for a week now

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did you enter your contacts to start with?

OP
M

Mandi

Reaction score
just typed in the name and number. Or if someone called i held it and hit add to friends.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would suggest logging into the link I gave you and check the contacts. Then go to your sync options in your phone, uncheck sync contacts and recheck.

M

Mwsr

Mine has always done that also. I think the simple answer is that the Fb app itself is terrible and thats probably where the problem is coming from.

midweststreetryders.com

OP
M

Mandi

Reaction score
Ok i found the answer. LoL. I called my husband (hes away in the army) And he suggested that I restet my phone. And it worked. I now have all the pics and names appearing when someone texts me. Thank you for your help!